Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin Off of Bill Post

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 30 Replies

What is the breakdown of your spending for the month, if you dont mind me asking. Alot of you said you have like 500 or more a month and we just dont make that. Also what do you and/or your hubbys do for a living.

For us only my hubby works, he is an E4 in the Navy with 2 yrs in

We have on the 1st:
rent 850
cable/internet 100
cell phones 100
car insurance 123
groceries 200
diapers 50
gas 50
Best Buy Credit Card 50
savings 100
total 1423

then on the 15th we have
rent 850 (1700 is due on the 15th)
electric 200 ( i hate pepco!)
car payment 290
groceries 200
diapers 50
gas 50
savings 100
total 1540

That leaves us with just under $700 for the month. But it seems like its never enough...

Do you feel like what you have is enough for your family or do you feel like your constantly scraping by?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nessy1980
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I always feel like we are scraping by. I noticed it was always like that even when we lived at my parents house. and we have way bigger bills than when we lived with my parents. When we do get extra money I always pay a bill early. we got money off of our rent because we reccomended someone to move in our apartments and the money went towards tires for the car. I cant complain though because its always nice to know we have the money to pay our bills. but we do cut out a lot of things though. I always try to be happy with the simple things. 

squidsmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Rent $650

Propane $135 to one company and $100 to another

electric $100

phone $25

Satellite $60

gas $160

groceries $400

At the end of the month, we have nothing left and pretty much have to pick and choose what gets paid. He's the only one working, I was, lost my job and no one will hire me because I"m pregnant

army_wife_06
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:49 PM

DH is Army and I'm a SAHM. He brings home about $2500/month while deployed.

Rent: 550
Mortgage: 265 (out grew the house so we rent it out/ includes insurance/taxes in this)
Electric: 60
gas: 50 (for house not car)
water: 60
phone/net/tv: 150
cell phone: 87
hubby: 200-250 (hes deployed)
gas: $20-30/mo depends on prices (car and just me driving right now)
car ins:$600/yr
renters ins: $300/yr

Our house that is up for rent goes for $425/mo with $42.50/mo going to the rental company.

I have been putting at least $1000/month up for the bigger items we need or for emergencies.

ETA:   I screwed up what he makes. He brings home the $2500 when he is not deployed. While he is deployed he brings in about $4000/month now. He is on a 15 month deployment so the last couple of months he brings home even more.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:55 PM

see your guys rent is so much cheaper than ours. its $1700 a month! ugh. And since we're moving to NC its around 1100 for a decent sized place (4 bedrooms) not cool!

we're do you all live? any military bases for navy corpsman? lol

Emmy217
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM

We're in the process of buying a home in Nothern Michigan right now. Our 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full basement home will be about $300/month. (that's the mortgage + insurance + txes).  

airforewifenmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Is it really that much in nc? I am from there and I hardly EVER see rent for that much......DH is also military and we found a house in Florida, on the beach for less.........

Quoting lundaylove:

see your guys rent is so much cheaper than ours. its $1700 a month! ugh. And since we're moving to NC its around 1100 for a decent sized place (4 bedrooms) not cool!

Kayci9
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM

SO is an assistant editor for JCO and I work part time (sometimes, not atm) as a TA. Per month we spend -

Rent: 2295

Electric 130

Water: 35

Gas: 60

Cell phones : 80

Cable/Internet/DVR: 80

Groceris : 400

Diapers: 60

Mommy and me class: 95

I have no idea what we spend on gas or other shopping trips that ds and I take just for the fun of it. Plus whatever we spend on going out to eat new clothes, etc..... I feel like we do ok, we could definitely be better savers, but why not enjoy it I guess.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
airforewifenmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Well, Dh is also an e4 in the Air Force, and including bah brings home 3225.

Rent 925

car payment 376

Car insurance 100

groceries 450

diapers 50

formula 150

gas 50

cable/internet/phone 120

electric 140

water/sewage 40

military star card 80

toilet paper/cleaning ect 50

and Im forgetting something lol but yes, I feel like we are scraping by every single month. There have been times when we just didnt have enough to pay the bills...........and it sucks!

lundaylove
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM

we're looking for a 4 bedroom 2 bath place close to camp lejeune in Jacksonville NC and ya its expensive still to find a good place in a nicer neighborhood. we dont want like a trailer or anything like that you know? im not too picky otherwise but its ridiculous. we do like one house thats 995/month but thats still more than some ppl on here spend for their rent.

Quoting airforewifenmom:

Is it really that much in nc? I am from there and I hardly EVER see rent for that much......DH is also military and we found a house in Florida, on the beach for less.........

Quoting lundaylove:

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM
My quote thing is not working ugh. Have you guys put in for housing? We have Navy personal on all the bases here, goes by rank!
Quote:

Quoting lundaylove:

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)