Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on discipline

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 11 year old son was caught while visiting his Dad  throwing a cat against tree's and the ground...Broke both back legs and 1 front leg...The police came and picked up the cat but nothing was ever said to him, My ex-husband just told him he couldn't go outside for the rest of the day....He is coming home tonight after being gone for 2 weeks and I don't know what to do....I have 4 cats so I can't believe he would do such a horrible thing and I know that I need to do something about it I just dont know what.......Any advice????

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM

wow, I am not sure, but here's a bump

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

squidsmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Holy crap, that's red flag behavior! I have a cousin who used to hurt animals and family always said he would end up being a serial killer. I don't think he will be now because he had an "accident" a couple months ago and is now paralyzed from the chest down with very little control of his arms. Any way, I don't know what you should do, I just know you need to do something. I wouldn't let him out of my sight for a long time, especially because you have cats. I would probably have him go to counseling and contemplate getting rid of the cats, for their own safety.

cmcnamara
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM

He has always been really good with our cats and I just don't understand this behavior....I am just really confused and worried  

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Does he have an issue with going to his dad's? Maybe his dad made him mad or something and he is acting out for attention?

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

cmcnamara
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM

No I don't think he has problems with his dad....I don't know maybe it's the kids he hangs out with there

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Maybe just sit him down and ask him what happened and why he "thinks" he did also let him know he can be honest with you. I always tell my son's to be honest, you get in less trouble.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

carletta1980
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I agree you need to sit down with him and ask him why he got that angry and what his feelings are. I honestly don't think he will hurt your cats if he has never been mean to them before. You need to let him know you will love him no matter how he answers your questions. But def. watch him around your animals!!!

stpalmsgirl
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM

This is a horrible thing to do but I would want to hear his side of the story first, why he did it etc. If he did it because he has friends that have a bad influence on him there I would ask him to not hang out with them anymore and try to make him understand why. If it was because he was mad, well than that would be a red flag to me and I probably would send him to anger management..

hailnbray
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM

hes old enough to volenteer his time at a animal shelter. i would do something along those lines so hes really paying for what he did 

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I suggest counseling.It seems he has some real issues that need to be dealt with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)