Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with the transistion....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am really considering transitioning daniel to the toddler bed. Does anyone have any input on how best to do this? Share you experiences. What was the biggest challenge? How did you go about it? Did your LO take to it right away or was it a fight?

I really want to get him switched so when we bring in the baby's new crib it won't be like he is being taken over or anything, ya know?

ETA he is 18 months old

toddler boystorkamerican flag ribbonair force

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bec94
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM
we skipped the toddler bed and went to a full. DD coslept with us, so we figured she'd be more comfortable in a bed like ours. First few nights were rough, but she hasn't been back to our bed. We got it in Feb. We also painted her room pink and made a big deal about it being her big girl room. We have nothing but the bed and dresser in there so we don't have to worry. We put a gate across the doorway. We will also lay down with her at times( thunder, fireworks from last night, or if she's not feeling good), so we are really glad we got the bigger bed. Plus she will have it through her teen years. You will have to be consistent, nap time might be rough. I would check her twice, making sure it wasn't her diaper or anything, then I would just tell her she needed her nap. There would be some crying, but not long. She now tells us when she's ready for her nap or bed. I hope she keeps it up because it's rarely a fight!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

ehall13
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Depends on child and how they take it I also did the twin bed size than doing the toddler bed. My son was a bit hard he cried a lot first few weeks and Im thinking because he also staye din his own room. My daughter was easier but shes a sleeper so she rarely woke up crying . My twins did the crib and sitched fine didnt cry or hesitate being in a big girls bed.  All go sitched at 12 - 15 months around that time ... I know my niece is 8 and still does not manage to stay in her on bed so all depends on child,.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:15 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Toddler Moms All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

jewjewbee
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM

call me crazy. we never used a toddler bed with any of our 3 kids. we never even used a bed rail. we went from crib to a queen sized bed for each of them. i'm frugal and i couldnt bring myself to buy a toddler bed when i knew we would be buying a bigger bed in a few years. so i just bought each one of them their own adult sized bedrooom furniture and they can have it when they move out. my middle child fell out of bed once, but other than that we had no problems. i just put them to bed for the first week when they were completely exhausted and thats where they stayed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)