Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta Previa... help

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

I looked up the definition and listened to the doctor... but I need to know of personal experience with this. Is your child okay? Are you okay? Did you need a hysterectomy? Did you lose your baby? Please tell me your experience with this condition.

Should I be worried?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyin07n08
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I had it with both my kids. It cleared and I had them both vaginally. I am fine and so are they. 

in love Cassi and Tony 12/10/07ttc TTC #3 baby boy Landon 09/23/08toddler girlEmily 05/19/07

Kayci9
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Well I don't have a ton of infor for you I have never had placenta previa (although I did have a placental abrubtion which I think is kinda similar) anyway all I know is that my best friend had this and she did end up having her dd 9 weeks early because of it, but they were both completely healthy when she was born. That was 7 months ago now and both mommy and baby are doing great!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
mamaof32007
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I developed that when I was 13 weeks pregnant with my twins.  I woke up at 2 in the morning and felt like I ad to pee, got up and a gush of blood came out, it was horrible.  I thought I was having a miscarriage so I called 911, I was alone with my 11 month old son.  hubby and I were stationed at diffrent army bases.  So they come out, and treat me like I was crazy.  so I drove myself to the hospital and they diagnose me with a threatend miscarriage, I see my ob the next day and puts me on complete bedrest.  I stay there until 20 weeks when it had finally moved on its own.  It didnt matter i was put back on the next day due to pre e.  Had the twins at 29 weeks and they are happy healthy 21 month olds.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:32 PM

My friend had full placenta previa. She was on bed rest at home for 3.5 weeks and the bleeding did not stop. She was admitted to the hospital for a little over 4 weeks and was only allowed out of the bed ot use the bathroom... they checked her and the baby EVERY DAY..... She was released when she was 34 weeks along. She had a scheduled C/S at 37 weeks and her baby is 100% perfectly healthy and wonderful. She did NOT need a hystorectomy but she did opt for a tubal because the OB said it could happen again... 

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

LillysMama0308
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM

My sister had this with her first child and had to have a c section.. Her and my sister are fine, in fact  my sister is having her second child this Friday from another c section..

Magen85
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I had it with my son and mine cleared up on its own. This is not an uncommon thing, most women end up having this. So dont worry. The baby is perfectly fine. Just listin to what your doctors says.  In due time it will clear up so dont stress out about it.

NicoleR13
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I had a full previa with my 1st baby. Started spotting around 10 wks and started gushing blood at 19 wks. I was admitted to the hospital at that point and stayed until I went into labor at 32 wks. My son was born 8 wks early and aside from sucking issues for a week or so, he was perfectly fine. No breathing problems or anything. My 2nd baby was a partial pervia and I went full term with her with only one gushing problem and 1 week in the hospital. No pain or anything during my first, just complete bedrest for 13 weeks and in the hospital. I could still have kids after my 2nd, but with all the issues I had I chose to have my tubes tied!

NicoleR13
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions or concerns!

tretresmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I have 4 children and never experienced that so I have no info for you I just wanted to wish you luck. 

Chickn
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I found out I had Plecenta Previa when I was 5 months pregnant with my little girl. Everything I read on the net scared the hell out of me and I was convinced everything that could go bad would.

Thankfully as my daughter grew inside me the plecenta moved up higher as  my uterus expanded and everything turned out fine. My dd's a happy and active 1 yr old .

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)