Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT my frined had her baby at 28wks and 3days (UPDATE WITH PIC 7-10)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Tuesday my friend had her baby and she was only 28 weeks along. She called the DR. office on monday and told the nurse that she was really hurting and the nurse told her that it was just growing pains from her stomach stretching out due to the baby growing. She never asked the Dr. anything or told him that she even called. About 8 that night she ended up in ER hurting so bad that she knew something was wrong. She was told that she was dialated to a 6. They tried to stop the contractions but told her that since she was a 6 already they really couldn't do anything but go ahead and deliver the baby. He weighed in at 2lbs and 9 oz and was rushed to the nearest NICU which is over 40 miles away. Please pray for her baby. She is so scared.

SEBASTIAN IS DOING REALLY WELL THE NURSES ARE SO SURPRISED AT HOW WELL HE IS DOING. hE HAS LOST SOME WEIGHT AND IS DOWN TO 1LB AND 14 OZ BUT THE DR. SAYS THAT THIS IS NORMAL. HE IS ALMOST ALL THE WAY ON ROOM AIR AND IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiffanysgirls
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Momma and baby are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!
lovemybabys1106
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM

praying for them.

dragonlilly3492
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

That nurse should have talked to the doctor. In most states its illegal for a nurse to do that.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM

i will certainly keep her in my prayers. My twins were born at 28 weeks exactly so i know the rough road she is on right now. If you or your friend have any questions or concerns please message me and i will answer them to the best of my ability. Also you can check out the video on my page, it shows them just born, in the nicu and then at 16 months when i made the video. They are now healthy and happy 2.5yr olds.

sshene719
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM

my thoguhts and prayers are with them. i was in her shoes 15 mths ago. my son was 2 lbs 11 oz. we spent a mth and 9 days in teh NICU 3 hrs away while living out of a hotel with a 2 yr old so we could be nearby. its rough and is a rollercoaster! jsut be there for her and tell ehr to write her feelings down. i blogged about it form the day i got out of the hospital to this day (all our ups and downs and dr visits and healthcare needs) and it helped SOO much, especially while he was in the NICU! on a good note her baby is a good size for being 28 wks. mine was 31 wks and that big. hopeully that helps. did she get the steroid shots to help the babys lungs before he was born? i hope so. if you or her have any questions feel free to PM me. im thinking of them! tell her that when shes not at his side to research prematurity so when/if news comes she can know more what the Drs are talking about. Dr Sears also writes a good book about preemies. it helps to be educated on these matters so you can hope for the best but prepare for the worst. there are SOO many medical problems that CAn (not neceseraily will) come along with being born premature.

wentworth99
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I will say many prayers .

Katie . I am a disposable diaper,Formula feeding, CIO,Vaccinating,baby snuggling,shopping mama to 5 kids .Noah(9),Hailey (6),Riley (5),Caleb (3) and Grace (1) .family in the van

Todaisies
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:20 PM

My prayers are with your friend and family.  It sounds similar to my story.  I went in for a chek up at 24 weeks 5 days with pains.  My ob says it was just my uterus growing also and not to worry.  Two days later the pains (contractions) got worse and they couldn't be stopped.  Kamryn came by emergency c-section because her heart had stopped.  She was 1 lb 10 oz.  The hospital I got transported to was 1 1/2  hours away, so I lived in the attached hospital or with friends for 4 months that she was in NICU.  Your friend will have a tough few months ahead of here.  She will need a good friend!  I wish I would have had more helpful friends during that time.  The more the better! They will be in my prayers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)