Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler sunburn with a blister

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

Does my son need to see a doctor?  He has a sunburn on his face which developed a blister this morning.  The blister is the size of a pencil eraser.   He is 15 months old and refused to wear his hat and when I reapplied his sunscreen yesterday I apparantly missed a few spots.

Please don't call me an irresponsible parent I already feel horrible about it.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cljolly007
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I think he will be fine.  I wouldn't let him mess w/the blisster or try to pop it.  Try to put some aloe or some burn cream on it.  Mistakes happen.  GL  You do what you need to do but I would give it a couple of days to heal on its own. 

Aprilmama101
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Thanks, I have been putting aloe on the burn since yesterday when we got home.  I don't usually get sunburns and ended up blond hair blue eyed little one.  Anyway this blister freaked me out a bit.

austinsm0mmy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM

As long as th blister isn't broken I think you are fine to carry on with what you are doing. Aloe Vera, cool baths/clothes etc.  I would also give him some tylenol for the pain.

however if the blister is broken I would take him to the DR to get some antibiotic cream - burns (even sunburns) can get infected very quickly.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Group Admin on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

medical questions Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM

call your ped...

a blister is a 2nd degree burn 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)