Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forclosure Question...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

We have discovered that my husband's ex-wife, Satan, has been served with Foreclosure. She lives in Ohio..

Does anyone know how long after being served, she's got before she's evicted??

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nessy1980
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I always thought it was 30 days but my husband says it depends on the bank.

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Really, that quick??

I've even heard it takes as long as 52 weeks AFTER being served but that really doesn't make any sense to me because it usually takes about a year to a year and a half, of not paying these days, before a bank has forclosure papers served, so why would they let one live payment-free for another 52 weeks? 

30 days is what I thought but I know it depends on the bank and the state laws. I'm in Florida so I don't know the laws in Ohio for this sort of thing.

Quoting nessy1980:

I always thought it was 30 days but my husband says it depends on the bank.

WifeandMommy06
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I think it really depends on the bank and state. My mom and dad got one and they have 100 days to come up with the money or sale the house. if it's not sold or they give the bank money it will go to a public auction.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I live in Mass.recently met a couple whose house has been in foreclosure for 2 years!! the banks dont want the house,They dont want people to know that the economy is even worse than we think.there are 2 stages of foreclosure.They are in step one never made it to step 2 in 2 yrs!!!It's insane this is a huge gorgeous house. .They just live in it and dont pay the mortgage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)