Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think women should be able to..

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

have their tubes tied whenever they want them done? Because in order to get them done, you have to be 21 years old or have 3 kids. Im 19 with 2 kids, and I want them done badley, but I cant..I had an iud, but my body didnt like it because I have a tilted uterus. I just tried birth control pills, but side effects were so bad I couldnt eat or stay awake..and Im being told its condoms or nothing..so..do you think a woman over 18 should be allowed to get tubes tied whenever it would be medically possible?..not just because they think you need to have more kids?

im a young southern ,proud mommy to 2 lil girls,wife,pick my kid up when she cries,feed my kids heathy snacks,curvy,chuuby baby luvin,tattooed,georgia livin,opinionated mama!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyjo85
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I think that you can find someone.  I don't think it's illegal, just some doctors won't do it.  Do some research, and keep me updated, I've been wondering the same thing.

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Yes, I do :)

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM

They don't have those guidelines set in place because they think you should have more kids.  I would think they're set it place to avoid regret. 

~Jill~

2brats1chkymnky
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Yes I do.

MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

They don't have those guidelines set in place because they think you should have more kids.  I would think they're set it place to avoid regret. 

retsillacam
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:28 PM

you are right. Some docs of recommendations of when they will do it. but there is no law that states a woman has to be a certain age or have so many children. And yes OP. i think women should be able to have them tied when ever they choose too.

Quoting brittanyjo85:

I think that you can find someone.  I don't think it's illegal, just some doctors won't do it.  Do some research, and keep me updated, I've been wondering the same thing.

tr83angel
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I think its your body and it should be your choice.

cljolly007
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I think once you turn 18 you should if it is medical nesserary.   If you just had a baby normally they make you wait at least 6wks just to make sure it is what you really wanna do.  But I hadn't heard that you had to have at least 3kids.  That is just silly talk. LOL

pookah1203
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:30 PM

you have to be 25 here with three. or have a mdeical reason.

Amanda Wier, Personal Tupperware Consultant

Interested in making money with unlimited potential in a failing economy? ASK ME HOW!http://www.my2.tupperware.com/amandawier

Interested in making a smart purchase? Tupperware is GUARNTEED FOR LIFE and is GREEN!Easy to start, if you want to sell, and Very easy to buy! Can't hurt to look!

2brats1chkymnky
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Ok given regret, if someone does this say at 19/20 yrs of age. They go on to college, establishes a great career and then meets husband, S/O, etc and is in a committed relationship. She then decides that she made a mistake and would like a child. Now more than likely she is well off so therefore she will be more than able to do a round or two of IVF. That way she never regrets her child, because lots of young moms do. She is more than capable of providing for that child etc.

I guess in a way it is how you would like to look at this scenario, but in other ways it may be wrong for lots of women. If I had the choice at a younger age I would have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)