Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very sad at job... what to do?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

hey everyone... i had a little boy in September, 2008. He is now 9 months old... when I had him I was orignially going to work at a daycare (for little money, but i could take him with me for free!) I would be with him all day, could nurse him etc. Well then on my maternity  a job called me and offered more money, and benefits. This would save us money and give my little man lots of things... and i was not supposed to work Fridays or more then 34 hrs. per week. WELL.. fast forward to now and i am working 40 + hours a week ( i leave at 7 and get homer at 6, and work Fridays), my mom and mom in law watch him,  my hours constantly change, but i get to see him for maybe 2 hours a day, i cry every day because i do not want to go that bad.... i have now been offered a job at the daycare again and i applied for an aide position at a school, which will both be less money for the family but alot more time with him and i will be able to be home at night to actually make my family dinner... am i being selfish if i do this? My husband is supportive and says we will make it work no matter what. i want another baby one day and i just dont want to turn around one day and say where did my baby go??  What should i do?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyOnLI
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM

i would take the job with less money.. if it means more time with your DS then go for it.

luvbeingmama
I so feel ya on this one....im in the same situation...i make awesome money but work ALL the time and if i were you i would take the other job not making as much. Leave your current job on good terms with a 2 week notice so you can always go back if needed. You have the rest of your life to work all the time once your kids get older and into their own things. This is my plan once we sell our home im quitting!
lundaylove

follow your heart. if you guys are well off enough to where you can financially handle the paycut then by all means go for it. Our babies grow up way too fast to be away from them. Im a SAHM and cant imagine working all those hours away from my lil ones. No way! I say work at the daycare!

ShutterBug4Life
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I say our kids are babies only for so long. If your husband is supporting you in this, then I say go for it! Be happy in life.

*~ShutterBug4Life~* Wife of Highschool Sweetheart Adam since 10/03/99  Mother of Jasmine since 6/27/02  Mother of Jesse since 3/10/08  Mother of Katherine (Katie) Due 10/4/09

KRISSH
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i would take the job with less money.. if it means more time with your DS then go for it.

AGREE..U WILL FIGER OUT WHAT U WONT..

BACK IN 07 I HAD A GOOD JOB BUT I WAS SO STRESSFULL. I WORKED 7-4 . DID NOT SEE MY KIDS TILL 6 THAN HAD TO RUSH GET EM FEED /BATH/BED. I WAS NOT HAPPY..SO I QUIT TO SAY HOME WTH MY GRANDPARENTS..IT WAS WORTH IT.

GOOOD LUCK

emms312
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM

it is just so hard to leave him and wonder what he is doing all day long.. i just feel selfish :(

swizzlefiz
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM

We were kinda in the same situation.  I HATED my job but it did give us extra money.  We got an amount in savings that we were confortable with, then I gave notice.  I've been at home for 1 week now and I'm SO glad I did it.  We have to buckle down a little more with our budget, but its worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)