Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

negative pregnancy test- no period since marchd *update*

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

What do you think it coulde be. My boobs hurt, im nautious theres food i like that i cannot stand now. I havnt had a period since march i have now taken 2 first responce (line) tests and both came back negative...

Update- I started bleeding yesturday with some smaller clots and as the day went on and into this morning i started having larger clots 1-2 inchs long.

screaming

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Stress, weight effecting your cycle, side effects from being on, or recently stopping birth control?... I'd make an appointment with your OB just to check things out. Good Luck.

Pregnancy Ticker

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM

get a blood test done, some people the urine test don't work for them, what are the chances you are pregnant?

behappilyever
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM

i have known plenty of women who have gone through their entire pregnancy without a single positive urine test. go to the doctor and they can do a blood test. i would definitely be going if i hadn't had a period since march and i had all the symptoms you do. good luck!

gabesmommy22
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I know someone that had some negative pregnancy tests come up when they were pregnant.  I would make an appointment like another girl said with an OB and have your blood taken for a pregnancy test. 

ashleynoel1225
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

go get the blood test i came up neg with my first daughter so with this one as soon as i realized i could be i went right to the dr

afrw2007
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I black out with needles and have nobody to go with me

SKnack
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I would go see your doctor too. When did you take the pregnancy tests? Was it recently? If you haven't had a period since march, you might be past the effectiveness of the pee on a stick test.  I know those home tests work best early on in pregnancy when your pregnancy hormones are highest. After your first trimester the hormone levels go down a little.

If you are not pregnant you could have something else wrong that needs to be checked out.

For the blood test, request that they lay you down to get blood drawn. If I'm sitting up I feel a woosey and hot and always come close to passing out or feeling like I could lose my lunch and I even start to sweat and lose all color to my face. Also, I typically feel unwell for up to a half hour or so afterwords.

However, if I am laying down when they draw blood (don't look at what they are doing) I feel okay in approx 5-10 seconds and can sit up and go about my day. If you haven't tried having blood drawn while laying down I  recommend trying the next time you do. Or at the very least when you pass out you will already be laying down.

Good Luck!

afrw2007
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I took one like a week or two after i was late and last night. I used the same type of test with my son, it still shot back positive at 5 1/2 months.

I have an apointment in august to see my obgyn. We are currenty moving and my DH is having surgery on the 24th and currently has sun posioning.

butterflymommy2
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Quoting afrw2007:

I black out with needles and have nobody to go with me

ask for an ultrasound.... my OB gave me the first time i went to see him... ( i was less than 6 six weeks preggo)..

i also went without a period for six months went to the doctor , tokk tests...and nothing. the doctor couldnt even explain why i hadnt had one. (my tubes are also tied)... he did say to come back in a couple of months later if i didnt start....(3months later i did finally)..

natasia61589
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:02 AM

go to the dr there are a million things some that are not bad others that are like tumor and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)