Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

WIC and miscarriage - what would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do with your WIC pregnancy benefits/vouchers if you miscarry?

Options:

Use them

Throw them away

Return them to the WIC office

Call the WIC office for advice

Other (there's always an other)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

I'm curious to see what the majority of ladies here would do.

If you were getting WIC benefits for a preganancy and then had a miscarriage what would you do with the vouchers you have?  They usually give you several month's worth of  vouchers at a time so if you miscarry after using the first month and you would still have one or two months left in your hand.  Keep in mind that if someone is getting WIC benefits then they obviously qualified and have a need.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ABOUT PA OR TIME TO BASH ANYONE, I SIMPLY WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU WOULD DO.  (If this gets out of hand, I'll delete it.)

I'll add a poll for the people that want to answer annonymously.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NavyWifey122305
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM

You will continue to receive WIC 6 mo AFTER a miscarriage. I have had several and each time they kept me on it they want to make sure you are still getting the nutrients in your body to help you recover.

hannahsmommy321

i would use them at my wic they offer it for 6 months after you miscary

christina0607

At that point the WIC is for the mom, not the baby. So they are yours to keep.

monseymom
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Over here they let you keep whatever checks they already gave you, plus another 3 months.

nikkiJ86
by on Jul. 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I agree.

Quoting christina0607:

At that point the WIC is for the mom, not the baby. So they are yours to keep.

marywilliams
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Well, I called the WIC office (some friends told me to go ahead and use them since I had them but I wouldn't feel right doing that) to update them and find out what to do.  She told me to go ahead and use the vouchers I have and made an appointment to set up the post-partum benefits.  I feel better having been honest and grateful that I get any benefits at all.  We can really use the help right now!  Thank you all for your responses.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)