Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for activities/games for a 7 month old

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

I want to make sure I am engaging my daughter and enriching our daily activities. Sometimes I feel like I am just sitting around making funny faces at her and wonder if she is thinking "Oh god mommy not this again." I would like to know some things to try with her that would be good for her development and fun too.  Since she is my first I don't really have a frame of reference for how other 7 month old's spend their time.  I would love some ideas/suggestions. Thanks!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rlewis
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:32 AM

I would sing songs to her, and also engage her with age appropriate toys.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-7-month-olds-development_724.bc

JUst googled it and found this link, too. It has a few ideas on there as well.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:12 AM

If you havent already started. Take her to the library and explore books.   DD loved to play peek a boo at that age or do the silly little rhymes with different body parts. You could buy a simple sorting box that playskol (sp) brand makes and i am sure your baby would just love to feel the different textures.  All depends what your interests are and  just try to explore them in baby fashion. 

tyfry7496
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Read to her, talk to her, sing to her. Play peek a boo. pat a cake. Dance with her. Have toys that make different sounds, have different textures. Name objects she is grabbing. At 7 months old, you don't need to do a lot, babies sometimes like to be left alone. You could go for walks, to the park, the zoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)