• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there REALLY people out there that are still that Stupid?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:15 AM
  • 29 Replies

Just saw a News report that every time you text while driving it takes your eyes off the road for at least 5 sec. It may not seem much but it's PLENTY of time to cause an accident. It just shocks me that people are so clueless!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayci9
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Unless you have the skills to txt without looking!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
beeber
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:19 AM

I MASTERED THOSE SKILLS.  BUT I STILL PUT MY PHONE AWAY WHEN I DRIVE.....I DONT WANT TO BE RESPONSABLE

rlewis
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:22 AM

A lot of people probably dont even think about it until something bad happens. Thats pretty much with everything. People have to learn the hard way. Im guilty of texting and driving sometimes but i try to keep it to a minimum.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:22 AM

The train driver blamed for the worst U.S. train crash in 15 years was sending and receiving text messages seconds before his crowded commuter train skipped a red light and collided head-on with a freight train, federal investigators said on Wednesday.

The Metrolink commuter train plowed into a Union Pacific freight locomotive on September 12 in Chatsworth, California, killing 25 people and injuring 135 in the worst train accident since 1993.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0152835520081002

Yes, there are people that stupid.

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 AM

yeah there are still CRAZY ppl out there that text and drive... 

Amybelle
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Quoting beeber:

I MASTERED THOSE SKILLS.  BUT I STILL PUT MY PHONE AWAY WHEN I DRIVE.....I DONT WANT TO BE RESPONSABLE

Actually you're being VERY Responsible!!!!!!!!!!!good

potterpeaches
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Texting while driving is dangerous. I care what other people do if their actions are likely to cause an accident on the road that could kill people. If my family members were injured or killed by a texting driver it would affect me personally so I do have a right to care about what others do and so does the person who started this thread.

Amybelle
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Quoting potterpeaches:

Texting while driving is dangerous. I care what other people do if their actions are likely to cause an accident on the road that could kill people. If my family members were injured or killed by a texting driver it would affect me personally so I do have a right to care about what others do and so does the person who started this thread.

bow down

dlepasti
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:23 AM

this is a big problem! my fiance was killd by someone talking on their cell phone while driving, (she went into on coming traffic and hit him head on at 70mph) we need to make a bigger deal out of driving with our full attention, because of the lady who was talking on her phone, my son will never know his father!

Amybelle
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Quoting dlepasti:

this is a big problem! my fiance was killd by someone talking on their cell phone while driving, (she went into on coming traffic and hit him head on at 70mph) we need to make a bigger deal out of driving with our full attention, because of the lady who was talking on her phone, my son will never know his father!

OMGoodness!! I'm so VERY VERY Sorry for your loss! People just DO NOT think! Unfortunately it's often others who suffer the consequences of their Actions. My Prayers are with You & your DS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)