Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so ready to give up

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to get my daughter, who's 3 1/2, to start potty training. I put her in undies this morning, and so far, I've had to change her 3 times (in the last 2 hours). She tells me she has to go potty, so we go, sit on the potty, and she does nothing. Then, not 5 minutes later, she tells me she has to go potty again, but this time she's all wet. She's done that 4 times already. I'll sit with her in the bathroom until she decides she's ready to get up, I'm not getting mad at her, I'm just sooooooooo frustrated. I've never done this before, and I'm scared. I have big issues with change, and this is a HUGE change for me. I know that she needs to go in the potty, but I don't know what to do! I don't know how to explain to her that she needs to go pee pee in the potty. I take her with me when I go to the bathroom so she can see what it's like, I try to explain to her that she needs to keep her undies dry, but I don't know how! Please help me...

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jnick82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM

My daughter is 2 1/2 and has beed fully potty trained (pee and poop) for about 2 weeks. We started 2 months ago. She still peed once in a while about a month aga and pooped in her pants until 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I was getting very frustrated. I finally brought the potty chair into the living room and let her run around without any panties on for about 4 days and it helped to make HUGE progress. Now just 1 1/2 months later she wants to use the "big potty". Also everytime she goes poop in the potty (this was harder to get her used to) we do a Happy Poopie dance!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)