• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natureal family planning???? what is it???

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

can someone explain what it is and what you do?? i see this all over cafe mom and someone even suggested it to me when i asked about BC one time. so i might be intersted if i knew what to do??

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin_suzy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Look up the "Billings Method", it is the birth control promoted by the Catholic Church in their Natural Family Planning classes. They claim that it is 99.9% effective when done correctly.

RissaBusch
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM

It's preventing pregnancy be abstaining from sex at the time of ovulation.  There's no artificial BC involved.

We only use NFP and it's worked great.  I chart my basal body temp every morning and look for the "spike." My BBT goes up a degree or so around ovulation.  I also look for changes in cervical mucus.  Things like this give signs of when to avoid sex.

It's great because you don't have any nasty side effects and there's no wait time before you can conceive.

rayzensun
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM

lol just pull out...

scotlynsmom07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Yes, but most people don't do it just right. So it has a very high failure rate. Statistic-wise anyway. I use the mini pill

scotlynsmom07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

what kind of sling is that in your siggy? I love it!

Quoting RissaBusch:

It's preventing pregnancy be abstaining from sex at the time of ovulation.  There's no artificial BC involved.

We only use NFP and it's worked great.  I chart my basal body temp every morning and look for the "spike." My BBT goes up a degree or so around ovulation.  I also look for changes in cervical mucus.  Things like this give signs of when to avoid sex.

It's great because you don't have any nasty side effects and there's no wait time before you can conceive.

RissaBusch
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Thank you!  It's a Neobulle Manon Rouge french woven wrap.  It's awesome!

Quoting scotlynsmom07:

Quoting RissaBusch:

scotlynsmom07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

It's so pretty! I've never tried a wrap. They intimidate me! LOL

Quoting RissaBusch:

Thank you!  It's a Neobulle Manon Rouge french woven wrap.  It's awesome!

Quoting scotlynsmom07:

Quoting RissaBusch:

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Quoting rayzensun:

lol just pull out...

Yeah this got me a soon to be 10 y/o. I dont recommend this.

RissaBusch
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM

NFP is much more that the pull out and pray method.  It's also much more effective.

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Quoting rayzensun:

lol just pull out...

Yeah this got me a soon to be 10 y/o. I dont recommend this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)