• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone found a bib that will hold up to the massive amts of drool!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

My son drools SOOOOO much! I change him at least 5-6 times a day and go through at least 6-7 bibs. NO bibs hold up for more then 10 minutes! He has been like this his whole life. So its no teething, because he really isn't (thats what everyone tells me, no he's just a drooler!). Sooo, I'm on the hunt for some really really good bibs! I will pay whatever it costs to not have loads of laundry per day of just his bibs and onsies!!!

This was the other day, 10 minutes after I changed him! What a little monster!!

Lilypie

Lilypie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minivanmommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM

LOL...He's so cute!!! 

I can make you one, or a bunch, if you like.  I can make them out of terry cloth.  It absorbs like a towel!

I have two blogs...come follow me here and here!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM

i have seen ones like towels at rummage sales and i think walmart has some they are bigger and they are a thicker towel like material

KristyMarie09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Make them?! How where when! haha, can you tell I'm sick of doing extra loads of laundry!

Quoting minivanmommy:

LOL...He's so cute!!! 

I can make you one, or a bunch, if you like.  I can make them out of terry cloth.  It absorbs like a towel!

Lilypie

Lilypie
ArmyWifey4907
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM

My son was like that too.  We used the really thick bibs, they felt like 2 towels sewn together lol.  We found ours at Walmart, Target, and Shopko...Only because that's all we had in our town. 

aeemom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

My mil made me about 15 out of little towels. They are wonderful. She cut out the head hole and put something there. Im not a sewer. They slip over his head. Couldnt be too hard to do.

Osstie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Have you tried the kind that are plastic on the back so it doesn't soak through his shirt? I have that problem too.. my son is a y ear and a half and he STILL drools a lot.

KristyMarie09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Yeah- those last maybe 15 minutes or so. It's pretty much all I ever use, I got rid of all the others!  1 1/2, ahhh! Mines only 6 1/2 months, I hope it fades at least a little!

Quoting Osstie:

Have you tried the kind that are plastic on the back so it doesn't soak through his shirt? I have that problem too.. my son is a y ear and a half and he STILL drools a lot.

Lilypie

Lilypie
KristyMarie09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hmmm, yeah I'm not the sewer in the family either! My MIL is, maybe I'll see if she can make some! Thanks so much!

Quoting aeemom:

My mil made me about 15 out of little towels. They are wonderful. She cut out the head hole and put something there. Im not a sewer. They slip over his head. Couldnt be too hard to do.

Lilypie

Lilypie
amazingaudri
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Babies r us used to sell a 10 pack of terry cloth bibs. Last time I looked for them was over a year ago!

minivanmommy
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:52 AM

OK, Here you go.  This is flannel on one side and terrycloth on the other.  Velcros to the side of the neck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)