Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens and sex

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

I need advice on the issue of birht control.  I want to put my daughter who is 16 on birth control, but I don't know whether this will be a good choice or not.  I don't want her to think that I am trying to promote sex but I do want her to be safe and make good choices.  I have been talking to her about abstinence and to find the right time with the right person and that special moment should be very special for both of them not just a rush job.

She is still very inmature and she does have some issues, she was diagnosed with LD (learning disability) last year so it is hard to keep her attention and I have to make sure that she understands what I am saying.

Help.......

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
motherduck22
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

If it makes you feel any better I would say Go for it. I got pregnate with my son at 16 and though I Love him with all my heart. I wish my mom would of cared enought to come to me, (I was terrified of her so I never went to her) Just explain that this is Not a ticket to go out and have sex by no means but that her body can be used to the Birth Control and you know that its the right one,there is possibility of allergies and that it works when that time comes. Like I said I would of had more respect for my mother If she would of done her job as a mother!

junecrab
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

i put my daughter on birth control at 16. She has kissed only one boy, they have been together for two years now and i think it is better to be safe.

btw i knew this boy since they were both in the fifth grade. also my daughter spends a good amount of energy and time with friends promoting safe sex. 2 or 3 of her friends are preg or have a kid already....

i feel it is better to put them on birth control then to listen to 'nothing is going on mom' 

junecrab

Peace starts with a Smile.....Bitches!

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Def. a personal choice and one I'm glad I don't have to make just yet. Hubby and I joke about crushing up BC pills and putting in her breakfast every morning when she's older LOL (not something we would do lol)

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

same with us a personal choice glad i dont even have to think about it yet good luck OP its your descion and your choice dont let anyone tell ya what to do

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Def. a personal choice and one I'm glad I don't have to make just yet. Hubby and I joke about crushing up BC pills and putting in her breakfast every morning when she's older LOL (not something we would do lol)

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM

My parents openly talked to me about sex.  They told me to come to them when I was ready and there would be no judgement.  I ended up on the pill at 17 when I was ready.  Same with my sister.  She is almost 17 and just started the pill.

CafeMom Tickers
katsbabe13
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM

i had my frist child when i was 18 i put my daughter on brith control when i found out she was sexualy active.  i aslo told her it was not a way to have all the sex she wanted.  just be honset with your kid.  i would do it 

youngmomma259
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Personally, I don't condone teen sex whatsoever. I would hope that my daughter has learned from my mistakes, and will see that she needs to wait until marriage. So, she won't be having the pill when she is old enough, simply for the reason that I won't approve of her being with a man. I got pregnant at 15 because I was practically raped. It's not the life I want for my daughter, and I don't want her attached to a guy because of sex. If that makes any sense. Many teen guys just leave the girl, and if they don't leave right away, sooner or later MOST of them will. I believe that sex is sacred, and it should only happen in a marriage.

Vaxing, co-sleeping, bible believing, un-married, pro-life, high school graduate, college student on my way to being a nurse practioner, loving, 17 year old mamma of an (almost) 2 year old princess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)