Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don't understand....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

When me and my son who is 12 months stay home he is always tired. He basically wants to take a hour nap every two hours, then he wakes up every two hours at night. If i try to keep him up he gets overtired and cranky. but when we are out running errands he will stay awake without fuss and do with only one hour and a half nap then he will only wake up twice at night..... I just dont understand....I can't run errands all the time every day... I have online classes and I don't have the money to keep running around. any ideas on what is up?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
minimom11107
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Sounds like he's understimualted at home. Take him for walks, lay a blanket outside and just talk to him, get on the floor and act like a fool with him. Good luck.

Pregnancy ticker

Mommioftwo1987
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Do something fun outside.It seems to me that he likes the outdoors maybe put a blanket on the ground and have lunch with him like a little picnic just at home

mamakenzi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

You son needs to be put on a schedule.  As in keep him up during the day and get him tired so he wil sleep at night.  Ya, the first few days he will be cranky and mean but it will pay off.

Kenzie

Stay at home mommy, smoking, neat freak, living life to the fullest, creative, young, soon to be Navy wife, mommy to a Princess, type of mother!

MommyAkaTiffany
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

We live in Arizona so going outside right now isn't always an option for us, unless it is a cool evening but when we get those I jump on the chance. Going outside does wonders for kids sleep. Also we go to storytime at our library every week, its free and she looks forward to it, it only lasts about 30 mins. Sometimes we even visit a petstore just to look at the animals. We don't leave everyday and like you I go to school online, but when we are home I try and make a point to paint, play legos, or build trains something fun.

Hope this helps!!girl giving flower

hailnbray
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

i agree. think about it, if ur bored dont u want to sleep.

Quoting minimom11107:

Sounds like he's understimualted at home. Take him for walks, lay a blanket outside and just talk to him, get on the floor and act like a fool with him. Good luck.

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)