Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOULD YOU

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 48 Replies

help someone on cm  with money that you never met in person, but you talk all the time

Those Crazy Women!: 

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

NO NO NO

MY2KIDS131
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM

why

Quoting MommyOnLI:

NO NO NO

Those Crazy Women!: 

lilmaiyagirl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Nope, I wouldn't more than likely it's a scam.

First and foremost, I'm a feminist. And basically
that stems from a strong belief that all people and creatures deserve equal opportunity, rights and respect
-
Kathy Najimy

lolamac
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM

No, but I don't do that with family. Giving money doesn't fix a problem, it is more likely to create a new problem.  

mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM

pardon my french, but "HELL NO".

not that i dont love each and everyone of you, its just there are so many scams and scam artists out there, how could you be sure. i hate saying it like that, but i would never do it

MommyOnLI
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM

bc anyone can pretend to be anyone for a LONG period of time online... its not very hard to assume an identity and befriend people, only to gain the trust and have them send you money

Quoting MY2KIDS131:

why

Quoting MommyOnLI:

NO NO NO

MY2KIDS131
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM

well i just did, i helped my cm friend, we talk on fone and on here, you know what i feel good about that,  we did not tell any of our info, theres ways to give money without giving info. i helped them cause this family going thru rough times, hubby got fired, mother sahm,  everything will be processed next month, they have nothing for the wk, so yes i feel good  i put food in their kids mouths. 

Those Crazy Women!: 

Kassie09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I don't help strangers here in Knoxville...so,absolutely no way to someone on CM,I never met!

blinkie_ilovemygirlspink.gifblinkie_happilymarried_pink.giffullmom.gif image by Venus853

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM

nope

I will help someone find resources in their area, but I will not give $$ to a stranger 

lolamac
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Quoting MY2KIDS131:

well i just did, i helped my cm friend, we talk on fone and on here, you know what i feel good about that,  we did not tell any of our info, theres ways to give money without giving info. i helped them cause this family going thru rough times, hubby got fired, mother sahm,  everything will be processed next month, they have nothing for the wk, so yes i feel good  i put food in their kids mouths. 

I sincerly hope that thies person is legit and that you didn't get taken advantage of. There are too many people out there that would prey on nice souls like yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)