• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant but with a mom going through menopause

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok so here is the deal everything I say my mom snaps my head off. I am usually really close to my mom but right now I want to avoid her. My sis totally agrees that she is trying to avoid her to but mom birthday is coming up and I want her to be included in my pregnancy so I dont want to avoid her. So for her birthday I said we would do a girls day out take a walk, get a foot massage my treat and just enjoy the day. I am kind of tight on money and my mom keeps adding things for me to pay for during her birthday. I am starting a new teaching job, 6 months pregnant, and I have 6 weeks till I get a descent paycheck. I have explained all this to my mom but yet she acts like she has no clue when she add things like you can pay for lunch and we can go here which is an expensive resturant. I am so frustrated I tell her I cant afford it and then she gets mad at me every time I tell her that I bought something for the baby for the last few weeks. I do have have maternity clothes for work at this point so I have to buy clothes and my feet have swollen so I have to buy shoes. My mom makes great money but and has everything she needs or could want so why doesnt she see that I am just starting out. She even gets jealous of me going out with my mother in law who always treats me out because she knows my money is tight. I love my mom but her menopause is driving me crazy. The only time she calls me is to dump her problems on me or complain about other people and confronting her is like poking and angry bear. HELP I miss the great relationship I had with my mom and I want to be close to her again but I  have no clue how to deal with her anymore.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jjessers
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM

It was hard on my Dad and I ...and even my oldest son at times...when my Mom went through Menopause....(oldest son and myself , were living w/ my parents at the time)

One thing you might want to try to remember is....this actually is not easy for your mom. Her actions may really suck at times...but Menopause can be very difficult for some women.

Not to mention ...from what my mom said...it just happens...like the behaviors and what not aren't always meant to be that way.

Not spending as much time together might be good...to help reduce the Stressfull or Intense Moments that can arise.

With my Mom...when it was finally *over* she's back to good ol mom again. Just try your best to bear with Your Mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)