Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One sick little man

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 5 years old and has been sick since yesterday with vomiting, the direhea, stomach cramps, and an awful headache. I gave it until this morning and when he woke up still sick I called his pedi. They said they couldnt see him until 1:30 and this was at like 8 ish this morning. I explained to her that hes doubled over with cramps, very gray in the face and cant hold down much liquid. She suggested that maybe I look in the phone book and try another doc office! I am so pissed by that. I understand about sceduling and stuff but to me thats just a stupid and rude thing to say! Am I overreacting? I hung up on her and am going to carry him to the hospital when he wakes up.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MammaMiaMA
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM

That sounds pretty bad...are you taking him to the hospital for the appointment you have or can you run him to the ER or Urgent Care? Most ER's will put you on the phone with a Triage Nurse if you call, so that might be another option to try while he's sleeping.

I'd report that receptionist to the Practice Manager or the Human Resources Department for the Clinic/Hospital. That is a stupid and rude thing to say, and I would be totally PO'ed too. Their practice is built on the patients they serve, and she should know how to handle situations like this in a more helpful, professional way.

GL to you, mama...I hope your LO turns out okay.

~*Becca*~
"Don't let the turkeys get you down..."

Mishel73
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I would definitely take him to the ER and then when he's feeling better I would look for another Pedi.  I think I might also call back that nurse that was so rude to you and give her a piece of my mind!  That's just me though.  She obviously does not have children, or at least a child that has ever been sick!!!!  I'm mad for you.

Hope your little man is feeling better soon.

mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:56 PM

i cant believe that she actually suggested looking for another pedi...im sure that the doctor would not be to happy to hear about this...one of his nurses turing patients away...especially if you are a good client...i dont think i would have be able to keep my composure. i would take him to the er and when your done, stop by the office to let her supervisor  or the dr himself know what she pulling behind that counter

familygal
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I would be livid, if I really like the doctors there then I would tell them about what she said to you however if I didn't care then I would look somewhere else but also let them know what happened and that you will be going else where.

Keep us posted on your sick child.

Lace2180
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Quoting mymakenna:

i cant believe that she actually suggested looking for another pedi...im sure that the doctor would not be to happy to hear about this...one of his nurses turing patients away...especially if you are a good client...i dont think i would have be able to keep my composure. i would take him to the er and when your done, stop by the office to let her supervisor  or the dr himself know what she pulling behind that counter

Hope he gets better soon momma so sorry for thishugs

taylormom82
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Hey I took him to the Urgent Care Center. He has a really bad stomach virus and they gave him Zoefren for nausea. I love the pedi its just her office staff that sucx. I am going to call and report her to the office manager for sure. Thanks for the comments and hopefully we will be better soon!

bstormsfl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Where the heck do you live? I have never heard of getting treated like that!! I would be so mad!!!Hope he feels better...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)