Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Dinners??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have hit a wall with making dinner lately. I need ideas for healthy tasty dinners. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Bruschetta chicken

What You Need!

1/4 cup  Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
4 small  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 large red peppers, chopped
2 cloves  garlic, minced
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) pasta-style or Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup  water
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 cup   Shredded  Mozzarella Cheese
1 large tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp. basil

Make It!

HEAT dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, peppers and garlic; cover. Cook 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF), turning after 5 min. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

ADD canned tomatoes and water to skillet. Stir in rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 min. Meanwhile, combine cheese, chopped tomatoes and basil.

RETURN chicken to skillet; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Cover. Cook 5 min. or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Skillett lasagna

What You Need!

1 lb. lean ground beef(i used 1/2)
1   green peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced(optional)
1 jar  (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1-2/3 cups water
1/4 cup   Zesty Italian Dressing
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 cup Shredded  Mozzarella Cheese

Make It!

BROWN meat in large saucepan; drain.

ADD peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water and dressing; bring to boil. Stir in noodles; cover.

COOK on medium-low heat 10 to 15 min. or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Chicken Fajita foil wraps

What You Need!

1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1-1/2 cups  hot water
1 Tbsp.  Taco Seasoning Mix
4 small  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 each green and red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup   Thick 'N Chunky Salsa(i use Medium cause we dont like real spicy)
1/2 cup Mexican Style Shredded Taco Cheese

Make It!

HEAT oven to 400ºF.

FOLD up all sides of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto foil. Top with remaining ingredients.

BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan.

BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.

gypsydancer7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I make homemade chicken noodle soup (but I use only 1 thing of broth so its more like chic and noodles). Chicken breast with no skin/fat, whole wheat eggs noodles, fresh peas, celery, carrots...and no salt/pepper. SOOOOO yummy

Joie_momx2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I like to throw in a casserole or two a week

Hamburger Pie

fry some hamburger

layer on mashed tators

shred cheese on top

Tuna Casserole

Noodles, vegies, cream soup, and tuna

This summer my hubby has got into a grill kick... It saves me from cooking, but I love to cook and I get bored of grilled stuff.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Joie, wife of a brave Marine!

I'm a breastfeeding, anti-CIO, timeout, spanking when needed, baby wearing, rooming in, occasional co-sleeping, music playing kind of mom. And Proud of it.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

**chicken/walnut salad***        (this is a great Dinner Salad)

2 grilled chicken breasts

1 bag salad

1 green apple cut up in chunks(you don't have to peel it)

glazed walnuts****

Poppy seed dressing

**** take 2 tblsp of butter or margarine melt

add cup off walnuts

spread on baking sheet sprinkle on cinnamon

toast under broiler 5 mins &  let cool

put bag salad in bowl toss on cut up apple cut chicken into bite size pieces toss on top add nuts and dressing.this with french bread makes a great meal.

Serves 4 to 5 people

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Stuffed green peppers with beef and rice.  I use spanish rice (cook as directed).  Brown beef.  Halve and seed the peppers.  Lay down the rice in a baking dish.  Put down the peppers and fill them with a little rice and a lot of beef.  Cover with cheese (I use mozz).  Bake in oven.  I usually do 350 for about 30mins because we like our peppers crispy.

CafeMom Tickers
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  ********* TACO BAKE******

1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb.  ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup   Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

Make It!

HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.

STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner; spoon 1/2 into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover with foil.

BAKE 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

gypsydancer7
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM

For lunches....salad with fresh chicken with a tiny bit of ranch, veggie wraps (whole wheat tortilla, fat free creme cheese spread lightly, then all the veggies you want- SO GOOD),  Ants on a log

Dinner:  Baked skinless fatless chicken with plain ritisserie season, zucchini (breaded in special k), steamed asparagus, Stuffed peppers (use ground turkey instead of beef), brocolli with real block cheese (not individual slices or velvetta), turkey baked spagetti, turkey chili dogs (use turkey dogs and turkey chili), ect.....

**for stuff you would bread and fry...use special k all crushed up for breading and  canola or peanut oil (peanut oil has a distinct peanut taste though)

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I was going to post this same thing!!!! and now I am hungry! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)