• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant Ran over by Car

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

Police say Scammon infant dead after ran over by car

Updated: July 27, 2009 12:04 PM

SCAMMON, KAN. - The death of a Scammon infant is being investigating be the Cherokee County sheriff's office.

They say the incident occured Saturday morning when say Jaqueline Poe was outdoors doing yard work while her son, Damion, was supposed to be indoors with other adults

The child crawled outside when Poe was moving the car to mow a patch of grass

That's when police say Poe drove over her eleven month old.

The child's parents drove him to a Columbus hospital.  He was then flown to a Joplin hospital and pronounced dead

The sheriff's office is investigating.

Ok how can you NOT see your child crawling behind or even around your car before you even got IN the dam car! How is this possible?! Do you think the mother should be charged with Negligence? Or do u think it was a Honest mistake?

EDIT: I deffinatly agree with al of you , there are possible ways that this could happen and she didnt see the child. I do feel bad for her cus she will have to live with that for the rest of her life , i know i couldnt live with my self knowing i did this to my child.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom to 3 beautiful Kiddos and 1 beautiful baby boy comming soon!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kittygurl1234
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I think accidents do happen and that if that were me I would be absolutely devastated! I don't think I would be able to continue on living knowing that I ran over my child.

Dance Puppet Dance

crazybeat.gif dancing puppet image by keroppi_3000

MomToMags
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Yeah, that is horrible, but accidents happen every day.  No one is perfect.  So sad. 

Katy_Lentz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I believe it was  a mistake, but the adults who were supposed to be watching him inside should be charged with something!

I am a SAHM to 2 adorable little boys-Austin Lee(2) and Elijah Kaid(3mo.)! I am also the wife of an amazing man who works his tush off to provide for us-Curtis Lee! I am a Christian who tries my hardest to not judge! My life is anything but easy and I love it:) I stay positive so I can always be someone that friends can turn to when they need to smile! My Husband is my best friend, my kids are my pride and joys, and my friends can always be counted on!

'Life isn't about waiting on the storm to pass, it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain'

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Accidents happen, yes. However a little supervision goes a long way. My question is what the hell were the other "adults" doing they didnt notice the baby was gone? 

bonkersornuts
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

No the mother should not be charged! The kid was inside with other adults and got away.If she was mowing,she was probably hot,tired and was trying to get finished with her chores.Really,  she had someone watching the child,i doubt she would look for the kid. Kids are sneaky little things.This child was small.Depending on the way she got into her car,yeah she didn't see her kid.She is in enough pain now.

MommaBunch84
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

WOW. I don't think anyone should be charged. Put yourself in that situation. If you think your child is inside, can you honestly tell me that you would check for them outside before you move the vehicle? I doubt it. It was an sweful horrible accident. Shame on anyone who thinks this poor woman should be charged.

Lilypie   

MonkeyMansMomma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

When I read this I got so sick to my stomach.  I couldn't imagine running over my child.  But we also need to ask, What were the adults in the house doing?  Weren't they suppose to be watching the child?  I couldn't imagine this situation but I do believe there was alot of people not paying attention.  I can't make a complete 100% decision on how was/is to blame because I don't know the complete story.  But overall very very sad. 

mommatothree01
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM

How horrible!  I don't think she should be charged, in the article, it states she left the child under other adults supervision, they should be charged.  I know that if I leave my child in someone's care, I'm not watching all around me constantly for my child, I would expect them to be supervised.   And how would an 11 month old even get out of the house? 

sagi6666
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Me too!!! It can happen to anyone at any time...I feel bad for the child and the mom at the same time...Dang...That's something she's going to have to live with for the rest of her life...

Quoting kittygurl1234:

I think accidents do happen and that if that were me I would be absolutely devastated! I don't think I would be able to continue on living knowing that I ran over my child.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

What were these other adults doing , since they didnt see him or hear him crawl out? When Harmonis goddad is here,everytime he goes to the bathroom he checks on her when he gets out (Since her room is close, just incase flushing the toilet woke her up). Or everytime i or her dad leave the room ,he watches every movment she does and moves her away from things she shouldnt be near.

But accidents do happen ... i just ... idk about this! I cannot come to a conclusion about it.

**im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)