Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding and white spot.......help i'm a first timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

hello- i'm a first time mom and have been breastfeeding for 16mnths now and i dont plan on stopping untill my son is ready. well three days ago i noticed a little white spot on my nipple it hasnt really gotten bigger but it has been hurting to feed him on that side and seems to be hurting more..... does anyone know what it could be??????????????????????? i looked it up and i found it could be like a calus or a blocked duct and if its a blocked duct to watch out for mastitis but i've had that before and i dont feel like i have it now ... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Stay at home,Cloth diapers (g-diapers/w cloth instead of flushables), living almost all green, starting a business, Natural child birth, non-spanking, Co-sleeping, Breast feeding/in public, Extended breastfeeding,make my own baby food, baby wearing/home made moby wrap, attached independent MOM  

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

does it look like a pimple? It could be a milk blister

if it looks more flat and scaly, it could be thrush

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Just go see your lactation consultant or your ob/gyn , better call and tell them what is going on so that you get the assistance you need to resolve this.

My first thought is to use a warm wet cloth to attempt to encourage that to come all the way out.

Maybe even some gentle washing since the whole function is to move out the milk, hmm?

Just be gentle and persistant and get the help you need asap.

Check out the breastfeeding group too. Plenty of experiances there.

Happy Mothering! (and pain free soon, I hope)

macake
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

kind of like both but i got white stuff out i know it sounds gross but what else can i say it now it just hurts still ............

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Quoting macake:

kind of like both but i got white stuff out i know it sounds gross but what else can i say it now it just hurts still ............

check the inside of your childs mouth

if you see white in there as well, then it is thrush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)