Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2CM

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
  • 15 Replies

WENT TO THE DOC TODAY BECAUSE OF CONTRACTIONS/PRESSURE. WELL I AM @2CM. EVERYONE IS LIKE GO WALK BUT IM SCARED BECAUSE IM SO NOT READY FOR HIM YET.

I KNOW THIS CAN GO EITHER WAY LIKE I COULD HAVE HIM TOMMAROW LOL OR A MONTH STILL. BUT I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME OF YOUR GUYS 2CM POINT STORIES. GOOD OR BAD. DONT WORRY ABOUT SCARYN ME NOW LOL.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

i was checked at 35 weeks and was 3-4 cm. and stayed that way. until i went into labor 2 weeks later :) i had contractions starting from 30 weeks, so that didnt mean anything for me LOL 

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I was at 3 cm at 36 weeks. Had my membranes stripped at 38 and 40 weeks

I was induced at 41 weeks 4 days and was still at 3 cm

jeweldog
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I was 2 cm for about 3 weeks before I gave birth... your body is just getting itself ready to give birth.  If your cervix hasn't  thinned out yet... don't worry too much yet.

alexsmommy2188
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM

OKAY SO DID ANY OF YOU GUYS TRY TO SPEED YOUR LABOR UP WHEN YOU FOUND OUT YOUR WHERE DILATED?

USMCBride08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

i tried everything LOL castor oil, labor cookies (eww), and walking. But to be honest, i swear by walking once your IN labor. I went into labor on a wednessday morning and i walked from like 7 to 4 and my labor was only 8 hours, and it was only that long because i refused to let them break my water until my mom got there LOL Once my water broke he was out in an hour :)

but for the other methods.... i dont really think they do any good. i dont think ANYTHING does, unless your READY to have the baby

Quoting alexsmommy2188:

OKAY SO DID ANY OF YOU GUYS TRY TO SPEED YOUR LABOR UP WHEN YOU FOUND OUT YOUR WHERE DILATED?

jeramiahsmom808
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM

i was the 1 cm and baby born next day lady.  i went to my 36 week apointment on a wednesday and it was the first time i was looked at down there and had the strep test then 2:00 in the morning my water broke

Lilypie

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Quoting alexsmommy2188:

yep

raspberry tea, walking, sex and nipple stimulation

all I got was a full bladder and wet spots on my shirt

babies come when they are ready

Mami2Jahzi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I tried EVERYTHING to speed up labor when i was 38 weeks and 3cm dilated... Nothing worked, I power walked around the mall everyday after work, Drank Raspberry tea, had the worst sex of my life, and still had to be induced at 41 wks... It sucked!

3xFUN

My body didn't dialate the first time until my water was broke. The second time my body dialated fast. i was dialated to a 10 within 4.5 hours. every person is different. every pregnancy and delivery is different even for the same woman. go with what your doctor said and listen to your body.

hollie0705

I was 2cm in early June & wasn't due until Aug. 25th. Went in to be induced on the 25th of Aug & was still 2 cm. So I was that way for a while!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)