• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poop play-doh

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

I don't know if anyone else has had problems with this or not, but I could sure use some advice! My 2, almost 3, year old son has started playing with his poop. He's already potty trained, fairly recently though. I understand he'll still have some accidents but the pooping in his pants isn't exactly upsetting me. He was having occassional poop accidents, but he always came straight to me to get cleaned up. Now in this last week he's started pooping in his pants and playing with it. He spreads it on his cars, his bed, other bedroom furniture and any toy he happens to be playing with. He particulary mashes it into his cars though. We've been changing his sheets everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I don't know how to make him understand accidents are ok as long as he's trying to make it to the bathroom, but it's definitely not ok to play in poop. My husband says we should "whip his ass" but I don't want to be mean to him or traumatize him. What can I do? Please help!!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

My dd did that and I started making her help clean it. I would clean up the majority of it, then she would have to use the wet/dry vac and suck it up and wipe it off walls with a cloth. My youngest has started finger painting with it also. It is so gross. I would have him watch you through his cars away. Always go put some in the toilet with him and tell him that is where it goes. Maybe if he has an accident, he will put it in there after.

mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

ewww....but i have heard of this being a common problem after potty training....i remember my little brother going through this...i agree with the fact that you should throw some of his toys away that he is messing up(or make him think you threw them away) and deff show him that it goes in the toilet. if the problem persists, i would contact your ped..sometimes there are really simple fixes to these problems that we would never think of

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)