Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some destressing tips.......FAST

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

OK I am a sahm who watchs two other children. I have kids here all day long and they are not small aged kids I have 15,12,11,10 and an5 yearolds in the house. I would expect them to follow rules and help out but they don't I am always breaking up fights and have to watch them more closely then you would a toddlers. I am so streessed out all day long and I am just looking for tips to just calmed ain like a few minute periods like the time it takes to take a quick pee break. Please someone help me. I have tried the deep breathing and sending them outside to play I have tried crafts and letting them play games but all ends into huge fights and they just won't stay outside longer then 10 minutes top. Help.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM

separate them...obviously there are some conflicting attitudes in the bunch...tell some of them to go out and keep some in...the next step is talking to parents and let the kids know that...no amount of money is worth this kinda stress...as for you...walk away, take a few deep breaths, and rub your earlobe...always calms me down is very stressful situations

Manderkinz1989
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM

bump

THE Future Mrs. Smith
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

im new and i dont get this whole bump thing....what does it mean?

Quoting Manderkinz1989:

bump

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Back in the day I worked for a before and afterschool program at a K - 8 school, so I would have to entertain kids from about 5 years-old to 12.  One of the best things for kids of various ages and skills are board games.  Challenge the 10 and 11 year-olds to a game of Monopoly, and drag the five year-old in too.  Its important that you play with them.  Once they are involved in the game, you can ask one of the other kids to play for you while you go to the restroom, clean up a few dishes, etc.  Once you have set the tone and established the rules then they should be able to keep playing without it turning into a huge fight.  Just remember that before you start any type of activity with the kids that you tell them your expectations first.  Okay kids, we are going outside for 20 minutes, go use the restroom now because I'm not letting you back into the house to use it, now I want to see everyone out there playing a game of soccer, boys verus girls.   HTH

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

It brings your post back up to the top.

Quoting mymakenna:

im new and i dont get this whole bump thing....what does it mean?

Quoting Manderkinz1989:

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)