Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do u think about this wedding dress?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: Is this dress too much for an outside wedding?

Options:

yes.

no.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

This is my "dream dress".  This is the only dress I tried on & felt like, wow -this is the one.  

Well, my problem is we're having an outdoor wedding.  We're getting married in a field, on my fathers farm where I grew up.  It's a really beautiful spot.  I'm just not sure if I should spend the money on this dress to wear it outside.  If you can see, it has a train. It also has a pin, so I could pin it up after the ceremony. And also, I'm going to roll out an aisle to protect the dress from too much harm during the ceremony.  What do you think?

Would you wear this to an outdoor wedding?  Or should I just move on & find another dress?

*Mommy to Maddox James, Kingston Edward, & Paris Abigail*

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeweldog
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM

If you love this dress than by all means wear it!  You look great in it!

mamaof32007
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I think it is great!  I had an outdoor wedding also at my parents house (20 acres)  I had a long dress also and it was perfect!

MamaCass21
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM

You only get one shot at this, so if you love the dress, get it! this is YOUR day, and you should feel like a princess. Go for it!!!

swizzlefiz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM

My wedding was 100% indoors and my dress got filthy!  The floor at the place we had it was dirty.  I don't regret it though, it was "the one" for me :)

fcangel9

I dont believe its too much... i dont really get that whole indoor/outdoor wedding thing.  Wear what makes you feel beautiful and dont worry about anything else. 

Mommy2Josh11507

Quoting jeweldog:

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Unless you plan to be walking in the dirt I would go for it.  If you are planning on walking on dirt.....well then I would suggest putting down some sort of carpet to walk on.  lol

Tayy26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM

You look beautiful in the dress! But no I dont thinks its appropriate for an outdoor wedding especially one in a field! Its too formal JMO.

froggyqueen
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I like it! If you are worried about it getting dirty you can have an isle by using carpet or oine of those running things, sorry i forgot the name lol.

kids4ever515
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Mommy2Josh11507:

Quoting jeweldog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)