Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do? Go to work or stay home?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a stay at home mom currently. My husband works seasonally. Right now he's off for the season. The bills are piling up and his paychecks have stopped for about 2 mos. I was working at home taking care of my disabled uncle for about 5yrs but he never considered that a real job. Even though it was what paid the bills and his money was free spending money. Now that i am not paying the bills because my uncle moved and I no longer have an income they have been piling up. He wants me to be a stay at home mom since the only jobs i can find wont even barely cover the daycare cost. He can not tolerate kids after a few hrs he gets very aggitated and therefore it makes it hard on him the kids and me. So i suggested to go back to work and he has no interest in that for me. but he wont get up and find a job that is all yr around. I wanted to go back to school but time and money is against me. so what should i do?

Devilangelmommy

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaCass21
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

You could look for some work-from-home options... Or you could take a skill you have (cleaning? Cooking? making jewelry?) and put up flyers around your town offering to help other people. Or you could have a home bake sale... brownies, cookies, breads.. it's not a job, but it does require alot of work and it will get you a little bit of money.

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

he needs to put on his big boy pants and take care of his kids...

if he is out of work and you can find a job, then too bad if the kids get on his nerves. 

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I think he's going to need to tolerate dealing with HIS kids while you get a job OR he can get a full time job where he works 12 months out of the year.

mymakenna
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

i agree with all...no shit the kids get on his nerves, he still one himself. hell my kid gets on my nerves sometimes but you dont see me pushin her off on someone else. i am a working mother and my fiance has been laid off since the first of the year...granted my daughter still goes to the sitter but its because he is still doing side work and his unemployment is still payin our bills...sounds like mr. man needs a reality check...the kids are his and if he doesn't want to support them financially then he needs to change a few diaps and give a few baths....

iluvmypreemies
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Quoting GOBryan:

I think he's going to need to tolerate dealing with HIS kids while you get a job OR he can get a full time job where he works 12 months out of the year.

AMEN! You beat me to it!

purple ribbon
Lupus Awarness                         

AlicaGreer
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Hi, My name is Alica. I am a work at home mom. If you are interested, I would love to share my business with you. I am able to stay home with my kids, and bring in money!! There is NO, selling, NO inventory, and NO parties. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please e-mail me, or visit my website and fill out the form so we can set up an appointment.

Alica Greer

aagreer@sgcglobal.net

Work At Home United

Your Life, Your  Dreams, Your Business

www.workathomeunited/aagreer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)