• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT--Any of you have success with weight watchers??

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am on day 2 and I am so needing to stuff my face with food!!! LOL I am trying to loose 25 pounds so I need to stick with this!!

Do you have any success stories to share with me to help inspire me?? Thank you!

~mom of 2 cute girls~

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamaof32007
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM

How does weight watchers work, I think the one here is hilarious, it is in the wal mart. 

motherof3ang260
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Keep going the first week is horrible , go through the internet  google ww recipies , there is also a good ww group on here . It does work , I lost 30 pounds in 3 months, doing weight watchers!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:48 PM

i lost 16 pounds on weight watchers but when i got off i gained it all back so good luck!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM

you get a set amount of points everyday and you follow those points you can eat what you want has long has you stay in your points

Quoting mamaof32007:

How does weight watchers work, I think the one here is hilarious, it is in the wal mart.

crdsbutlermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I have been at it for 2 months and have lost 12 lbs.  I could lose that by fasting a day or two a week, but I guess it is about lifestyle change.  That is the hardest part.  To learn how to not stuff your face.  When you figure it out let me know, because I still struggle with it, especially when my hubby brings home pizza (he works for a pizza place, so it is often)  AAARRGGG.  I just remember my mantra, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.  Please let me feel it soon!!

sshene719
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM

hi jsut started a week ago and am only down 2 lbs. i did it last summer for 2 mths and lost about 15 lbs and kept it off after that. i have A LOT of friends who have been doing it for years and they have lost A LOT of weight. some struggle as they gain it back when they get off and one is jsut not happy no matter how much she loses (that to me is not a weight problem but a self esteem problem). One of  them has been on it for a lil over a yr and has lost SOO much weight (i belevie its been 100 lbs). she looks GREAT!! I am hoping to stick with it this time. it does take time and self control but it gets easier after the 1st week! give yoruself one day to treat yourself! thats what we all do. usually the day of weigh in (after weigh in of course)!

GOOD LUCK!

momma1985
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM

When I was on it, (after my son but had to quit because I got pregnant and they will not let you attend if you are preggers) it really did work!  I did the core program, instead of the points programs, and it was a lot easier than when I watched my mom attempt the points program so many years ago.  If I had the ton of money I would need to attend again, I would definitely do it now!!!  It helps having the group to go to, beacuse you feel ashamed if you didn't lose, which is different when you try to lose weight at home alone, because you will justify it to yourself.  It isnice having the huge room of people to cheer you on when you reach little milestones, like every 5 lbs. etc..  Also, if you have your own friend to go with, it makes it even easier because you have someone you know to call and shop with and make you go every week.

Good luck on your adventure!!

in loveLife is one fool thing after another whereas Love is two fool things after each other

forsythia_18
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM

It works really well. I've never done it but my mom lost 125 pounds with it.  U just have to stick with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)