Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHEN WILL MY 8 MO. OLD WALK/CRAWL?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
my baby boy just turned 8 mo. old about a week or two ago, and now he pulls himself up to a stand... but plops back down on his behind... WHEN DO YOU THINK HE WILL START WALKING AND CRAWLING? HOW CAN I HELP SPEED IT UP? IM TOO EXCITED! =D
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeweldog
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM

My son started to crawl at about 9 months and walked 2 weeks after his first birthday.  You can't really speed it up... she will get there when she is ready, but if she is pulling herself up than she is getting ready.  8 months is young to walk but you never know.

golther
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM

When hes ready!!! I'm sorry but thats all I can tell you just let him do it at his own pace. My dd was crawling by the time she was 5 months old and it made me sad because she became a little to active for me. And she was walking by the time she was 10 months old.

briannasmom2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM

My ds is 8 1/2 months old & still isn't crawling,I figure it'll happen when it happens.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM

my DS didnt start crawling until he was 9 almost ten months old, and didn't really start walking until he was 13 months old. you can get him by both hands and "walk him" allowing him to strengthen his legs, but the truth is all kids are different. my nephews all started walking at 10 months and younger, :D

lundaylove
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM

my son just turned 8 months old on the 26th. He has been crawling for about a month now. He is now pulling up to stand and trying to walk along furniture. *BUT* every child develops at their own pace. Im sure your lil one will get it soon seeing as you say he is already pulling up to stand. Trust me, enjoy what your son is doing now, he'll grow up way too fast and trust me soon youll want him to slow down, i know cuz my dds are almost 3 and my son wants to everything early and such cuz he wants to be like his big sisters, i just want them to be babies!

LoveMyBugs
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I have 3 kids and they all start on their own time. That being said my youngest is the laziest. She was breastfed for 9 months and it wasn't until I had to stop BF that she did ANYTHING. Crawl, talk, pull herself up - anything. She was so dependent on me she could care less whether or not she did those things. She found her independence once I had to stop though. I didn't mind, I still baby her whenever I can. She's the last, the baby so if she doesn't walk until she's 10 - I could care less. Just kidding about that. But they'll do it when their ready, no worries! 

truely914
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:24 PM

My daughter didn't walk until she was 13mo.  My son starting walking when he was 9mo. 

Be prepared, because you will never have a moment to yourself after they start crawling and walking.

Cynthje
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM

When he's ready, he may never crawl and go straight to walking. 8 months is young to want them to start walking, it will happen when its time!

goog87
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM

He will walk when he is ready! Why do people get so freaked out about "when" a kid will do something?? My kid crawled at six months and was walking solidly at eight months. My nephew didn't walk until fifteen months.

giffer
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:05 AM

my daughter was the same way & i just went with the flow. every child is diff & i just let it happen naturally. i had friends & even my brothers who "forced" their kids to walk early, like at 8 or 9m & i don't agree with that. my son was about 4m old when he started crawling, but almost 16m old when he started walking.

Quoting jeweldog:

My son started to crawl at about 9 months and walked 2 weeks after his first birthday.  You can't really speed it up... she will get there when she is ready, but if she is pulling herself up than she is getting ready.  8 months is young to walk but you never know.

http://butterflywebsite.com/clipart/Btflyyel2.gif  butterfly on head   wife to mike in love

mommy to   megann  playing soccer girland dillon   toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)