Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From one mother to another

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
I would like some feedback regarding a situation that happened with my neighbor. Our neighbors have a little boy whose age is right between my 2 kids. (he is 2.5, my son is 3.5 and dd is 1.5). Anyway, we have hung out with them a hand full of times and I even thought the wife was my "friend." About a month ago, DS went over to their backyard when he saw them playing. My husband and I did not think anything of it, considering that their son consistently climbs into our backyard, walks in the back door....etc. The next thing we knew-our son came home crying saying "I want to play with Miles, but his mommy pushed me out." I sent her a text the next day asking if he had done something wrong and she said that it was time for them to eat dinner. I left it at that, although I thought it rude to push a 3 year-old out of the fence and shut the gate, leaving him by himself. Last night my husband and kids were out front, the neighbors were out front, the kids were all playing. The mother wanted to go in and said it was "ok" for my kids to go in to play also. Not an hour later, my husband looked up to see my 2 toddlers standing alone on the front porch, my ds knocking on the door and crying. My son said that they were pushed out of the house and they shut the door. My thoughts: 2 kids left alone outside? Why couldn't she have brought them home? Wonder if.....? Not to mention, my son was so hurt! My husband has physically carried their son home many times. I cannot imagine ever pushing 2 kids out of my front door after having them over to play. I have sent her a text message asking to talk with her when she gets a chance. She will be home from work soon....How should I approach it ?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM

You already sound a LOT calmer than I would be. At the least, ties would be cut, bu it is your choice. You have to live next door to them. But who the hell needs friends like that?

CBtatt_splash-1.gif picture by whisperingdragon

swizzlefiz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM

It'd be hard for me not to beat the crap out of her!  I guess maybe just let her know that you don't appreciate what she did and then don't let you kids play there anymore.

momto2boys973
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Man, tough one.

I would suggest that if you're determined to talk to her about it then you should be as honest as possible in a way that doesn't seem as if you're judging her. In all honesty, it's a nasty thing to do, I mean if I had children over and I needed them to leave, I would call the mom and see if she can pick them off or I can drop them off or whatever, but I wouldn't push children out of my house and then leave them crying at the porch, that's just plain evil.

Sharon

Amybelle
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM

next time I'd just ask her what time you should pick your DS up. The saftey of your child is whats important & if she's not going to walk him home it's up to you.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)