Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok to ground a 8yo?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a son whom is 8yo and far to old to be spanked or yelled at cus he just dont listen and time outs just dont do crap, So do u think that at 8yo's its to young to ground him in his room for a few hours? I am to much of a softy and i feel bad for doing it but im almost 8mo preg and i cant take the stress of his constant additude. BTW ive already taken away things from him today his Play station..his fav toys ect.. so this is a last resort.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom to 3 beautiful Kiddos and 1 beautiful baby boy comming soon!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkiJ86
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM

No,that is not too young.I do that to my kids and they are 2 and 4.

Maddiesmommy123
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM

OMG, my daughter is going to be 7 and I STILL spank her butt if she needs, you are very pregnant though. I ground my daughter....you have to do what you think is right momma! My daughter as a last resort, gets sent to her room to SIT, no TV or computer or toys or anything, she has to sit or lay and think about things...........wish you well with your son and the new baby that will be here soon!! 

Maddiesmommy123
momto2boys973
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:29 PM

No, it's not to young to be grounded.

Sharon

feralkitten
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:29 PM

oh god yes my 8 year old get ground and if he done something really bad band fron tv that day

NavyWifey122305
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Yes he is old enough to be grounded...but a few hours isnt grounding thats a time out. I rarely got grounded when I was younger but I remember the first time I was ground for 2 days with no TV no phone no extras ( these days its video games)

DakotaRose

I don't think 8 is too old to be spanked and definitely not too young to be grounded.

sweetmoonem

not at all.  an 8-year-old knows the difference between right and wrong....and it old enough to understanding the punishment of being grounded.  nothing wrong with that at all.  it's much better than how people used to punish their kids with harsh spankings and belts...omgosh....grounding is so much better and more effective I think.  I believe that the only thing a child will learn from being spanked is how to humiliate and hurt someone. 

It's not the meaning of life. It's the feeling of life.
junecrab
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM

eight is plenty old to know. and i agree on taking the things he holds dear (games , phone , tv) away as punishment. dont feel you are the bad one for teaching your son respect. he has to be taught. it is not a gift.

good luck, teri

junecrab

Peace starts with a Smile.....Bitches!

JennaFrog
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Thanks ladies! I do remember being grounded that young too , and im probably going to do it more offten form of punishment cus im sick of him thinking he can blow me over and have these constant additudes. Well this mama aint standing for it anymore!

CafeMom Tickers

Mom to 3 beautiful Kiddos and 1 beautiful baby boy comming soon!

othermom
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:51 PM

we ground my 6 year old to his room. We have done it a few times from after school to bed time, which is a couple hours. He is allowed out for 45 minutes for dinner and to use the bathroom and stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)