Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Has anyone started shopping and bought

Options:

Has anyone started budgeting yet for Christmas

Who cares!

Has anyone bought yet?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

We decided last night we are going to build our girls a play house for Christmas, I am getting a few things tomorrow for the play house, has anyone else started yet?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michele79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Yes, I don't have a choice. If I put it off I won't be able to afford it. Not that I can afford it now....

crowned_mom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM

i dont even start thinking about christmas until thanksgiving lol.

baby
pregnancy due date
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Quoting crowned_mom:

Same here. We do most of our shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage because marriage is between a man and a woman only, Pro- Life because babies are a gift from God and shouldn't be killed for any reason, Natural childbirth having because it's better for you and your baby than drugs, Soon to be homeschooling because I don't like the things they try to teach my children in pubilc schools, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing because my children aren't minimums, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO because leaving your child to cry in a room alone to go to sleep is horrible for their little brains, Co-sleeping because I don't want go have to get up in the middle of the night to a hungry child, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quoting crowned_mom:

LoveMyBugs
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM

We save our money for a couple of months, 4-6 and then buy their presents after Thanksgiving. Better sales that way.

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I've been buying stuff already plus I have a special Christmas savings account that transfers into our regular account in October.  I love Christmas time!

swizzlefiz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM

We put most if not all of our income tax refund into savings for the end of the year.  Its expensive for us ... we have DD birthday, then Christmas in December and in January we have DH bday, $4000 in property taxes, home owners insurance and hoa dues. 

peanutsmommy1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

yep, we buy all year round when things are on clearance

DS's bday is in November and we are already done shopping for his bday and christmas

othermom
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I have a few small things put aside for the kids. Some for my daughters birthday in october, a few for christmas. I plan on starting to buy in September. Money is going to be kind of tight next month.

LoriAnn87
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My son birthday is 3 weeks before christmas so I usually buy his brithday present first and I but them sometime in Nov then once his birthday is over I start christmas shopping. I made a list of stuff to get my son for his birthday and christmas because it gives everyone ideas of what to get him and also so we don't get doubles. Everyone I shop for I usally get gift cards expect for my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)