Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergic reactions....Any advice?? Really need help!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM
  • 1 Replies

My son Xavier has had weird skin issues most of his life! So I have a few questions for those of you that have children with allergies or who are prone to allergic skin reactions.

1. How do you go about trying things with your child...such as sunscreens, lotion, body washes?

Most recently my son has had a reaction to a hyper-allogenic sunblock. I have to find some that works before our beach trip but I am not sure how to go about trying them without making him break out all over. Right now he has hives on his face and arms!

2. What do you do once hives or rashes have broken out?

I have been giving him oatmeal baths, anti-itch cream, and benedryl !

3. Have you taken you child to a skin doctor? If so what did they do? What happens when the issue has passed, How do they find out what his problems are?

My son just turned 4 but before his birthday had some sort of reaction that caused him to have uncontrolable itching fits. After taking him to his Doc more then once they couldn't decide what the problem was and decided to send him to a skin doctor! This occured back in June and his appointment isn't until Sept 30!

Thanks ladies...any history you have with these problems, suggestion, just anything would be great!!!!

I am a Jesus loving, breastfeeding, TTCing, cosleeping, mother of two boys:Xavier 4 , Malachi 9 mn, and married to my wonderful husband, Quentin for 4.5 years!!

toddler boybreastfeeding "Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:16

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I wold ask for a referral to an allergist as well. They will do a scratch test on his back that tests for all the main allergies. After that heals, they would test for some lesser known allergies.

They measure the type of reaction and severity.

Don't know what to say about trying sun screen and stuff except to use a very small spot on his arm or something to test it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)