• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is she ready?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a 19 month going on 20 months dd. Lately she has been stripping her diaper off everytime she pees in her diaper and it could be just a tad bit in there. Do you think she is ready to be introduced to the potty chair? DH thinks she is too young. With my now 4y/o she didnt do this-she was hard headed about potty training at a later age then my youngest now.

thanks

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrslibby
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:19 PM

that is a sign that shes ready I think you should go for it some babies start showing readiness at 18 months and some before that

skinsfan26
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM

thanks. i will give it a try. it got me to thinking cuz after she took a nap, she got up and took off the diaper and before i could get a new one and put it on her. she stood there and peed on the floor so thats when i decided to make this post and ask. thank goodness for carpet shampooers. lol

Quoting mrslibby:

that is a sign that shes ready I think you should go for it some babies start showing readiness at 18 months and some before that

hailnbray
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM

we dont look for signs when potty training. we feel the earlier the better. the longer they are aloud to pee in a diaper the more of a habit it becomes. we had my son fully out of diapers even at night by 15 months cause we worked with him. id say give it a try. it cant hurt to see how she reacts to it.

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)