• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tooth pain

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
i need ideas for getting rid of tooth pain for me. ambasol doesnt help and i have to take tylonal and advil back to back to relieve it, cant afford the dentist
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bstormsfl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I am in the same boat as you are! I do listerene mouthwash and hold in in my mouth as long as I can. I also do hot salt water. Something that works better than ambesol or orgel is clove oil. Some pharmacys carry it and all health food stores have it. Use it like you would the orgel.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM

i hate to say it....but you should really see a dentist it could be an underlying problem ...i knwo its expensive and you cant afford it

ask them if they accept care credit a credit card you can apply for online and only use at the dentist

see if they accept payment plans or call around to see if they offer a free clinic or a sliding fee scale based on income...its important to take care of the source believe me iw orked for an oral surgeon for 6 years and tempt for 3 years after that ..so 9 years total and i have seen some really bad things..u dont want to have all your teeth taken out..or fall out believe me

good luck mama wishing you luck

here is the care credit link

http://www.carecredit.com/

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

mom2boys80
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM
dont qualify for carecredit and my husband just moved out. and doesnt pay our medical or dental bills. i allready need them all out and he was supposed to do that with this chuck of money he got a couple months ago but found more important things to do with it
as it is i am woundering how i am going to feed my kid once my food runs short. i was making money for a bit on the side and that all the sudden stopped. i have to get into the county somehow and see if they will help, just need to find gas money some how too now. sorry just having a rough week...
lapcounter
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I was a dental asst. for 10 years and nothing is going to get rid of or really help your pain expect for going to the dentist. It sounds like you might have an infection which can lead to even bigger and more expensive problems, sorry to tell you that. Anbesol is only best for someone cutting teeth and not actual toothache pain, if you are getting an abscess (infection) cold water might help, whatever you do, do not place heat on it, good luck and you should try and find a dentist that will take payments. If you go to the ER they will give you a script if you are lucky and tell you to see a dentist.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

sorry mama i wish you luck...here in maine they have something called maincare that helps with dental and medical ..but it dosent cover dental work unless you are under 18 i believe ..they wil cover tooth extractions if you are over 18 if you are in pain...just double ck your state to see what assistance they have..sorry you are having a rough one..keep your head up

Quoting mom2boys80:

dont qualify for carecredit and my husband just moved out. and doesnt pay our medical or dental bills. i allready need them all out and he was supposed to do that with this chuck of money he got a couple months ago but found more important things to do with it
as it is i am woundering how i am going to feed my kid once my food runs short. i was making money for a bit on the side and that all the sudden stopped. i have to get into the county somehow and see if they will help, just need to find gas money some how too now. sorry just having a rough week...

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

mom2boys80
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM
thanks everyone, hope you have a good day
allurasmamma
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Clove oil works the best. I had teeth problems for the longest time. Until i went to the dentist.

Salt water, or salt on the gums,

Peroxide, gargle.

Any kind of mouth wash.

I would chew up aspirin in my mouth in my tooth. That worked real good.

Did you try the paste that origel makes? It works good too.But the more u use the origel the more it will hurt.

The worst kinda pain, it a tooth pain, hang in there. But it will not go away for long. Look around for a dental school, they do it cheep. Like 50 bucks a tooth.

***   WHO'S WAR IS IT ANYWAY? ***

allsolittle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I'm going through that too. Cloves, or clove oil as posted. If it is infected like mine is ( I can't afford to get it pulled either) I know this sounds crazy but rattlesnake skin. I don't know if you can get it, ( I know some interesting people LOL) they use it in Mexico for infections, and if you eat some in your food or pack it on your tooth it really helps. It helped me anyway.

fcangel9
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM

look online and see if there are any dental programs for low income households.  Usually there is a clinic that will go based on your income.  Sometimes the local health department will have dentists do pro bono cases once or twice a month. 

lapcounter
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Packing food or anything for that matter is the WORST thing you can do, espcially if it is infected you are really asking for trouble, you block that off and the infection will build to make your face swell and depending on if it is an upper or lower tooth it can cut off your air weigh or give you a bad sinus infection, you really need to seek treatment and not listen to some of the remedies on here, trust me if will cause you moor pain in the long run!

Quoting allsolittle:

I'm going through that too. Cloves, or clove oil as posted. If it is infected like mine is ( I can't afford to get it pulled either) I know this sounds crazy but rattlesnake skin. I don't know if you can get it, ( I know some interesting people LOL) they use it in Mexico for infections, and if you eat some in your food or pack it on your tooth it really helps. It helped me anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)