Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for non vaxing moms

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

just wondering--NOT bashing--what happens when your child begins school. one of my neighbors was getting ready to take her 4 yr old for boosters today and the topic of school and whether or not to vax came up. one of the other moms said no you CANNOT send your kid to school without all their shots and i said i see moms on cm all the time who don't vax so i'm sure you CAN send them to school without them. or maybe the rules are different in every state??

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
graciejoe
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Every state has exemption forms for medical reasons and 48 states have exemption forms for religious or philosophical reasons.  You just hand in the exemption form instead of a shot record. 

MaKettle87
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:02 PM

All of the moms that I know that do not Vac. Dont want their children attending public school.  But I have heard of wavers but have not looked into it since I am moving out of the country and want to home school

bluescape
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting graciejoe:

Every state has exemption forms for medical reasons and 48 states have exemption forms for religious or philosophical reasons.  You just hand in the exemption form instead of a shot record. 

AHA! i knew i was right! LOL!  i'm sitting on my front porch on my laptop right now and she just walked over so i showed her your answer...THANKS!

bluescape
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Quoting MaKettle87:

All of the moms that I know that do not Vac. Dont want their children attending public school.  But I have heard of wavers but have not looked into it since I am moving out of the country and want to home school

...wait, what about parochial/private school wouldn't you just have to do what graciejoe said?

chamelinmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:13 PM

The sad thing is a lot of drs except their kids from these shots they give stating its religious reasons. I am serverly delaying until my kids are around 2-3 to get the shots. i want them to get them because we will be going on mission trips to 3rd world countries that these vaccines do help protect them a bit, but when they just come out, they dont have enough immune system to fight off this stuff. Its sad because as soon as a child is born we give them Hep B virous(its almost dead, but still alive) for the newborn to try to fight off. Yes most can fight it off but why take that chance that they can get infected. And with vit K, if you breast feed and let the ammbilical cord give all its blood to the baby, the baby produces this stuff itself.

I wont have any problems, because Im homeschooling. I think they are taking too many christain values out of school and not teaching enough on what this country was build of or morals.

Quoting graciejoe:

graciejoe
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM

The exceptions are for public funded schools.  A private school can choose to accept them or not.  I have a link for your friend with links to all of the forms if you want it.

Quoting bluescape:

Quoting MaKettle87:

...wait, what about parochial/private school wouldn't you just have to do what graciejoe said?

bluescape
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Quoting graciejoe:

The exceptions are for public funded schools.  A private school can choose to accept them or not.  I have a link for your friend with links to all of the forms if you want it.

Quoting bluescape:

Quoting MaKettle87:

it was actually just a discussion that arose cuz she was venting about how much her dd freaks out when she gets shots and she was wondering what would happen if you just decided to not get them anymore, but thanks, though!  

bren_darlene
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM

There are exemptions for that.  But I homeschool and have for many years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)