Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man i feel awful

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

Well it all started with my husband having a cold then my daughter gets sick.She had strep throat and still has a runny nose and cough.My husband is still really sick...and i have caught it.

Its hard to get out of bed cause i feel so dizzy,i have had a fever of 102.5,my chest hurts and been coughing.Whenever i cough it kills my chest.I really feel like im going to die.Plus one min im hot the next freezing;(

I have been taking tylenol cold medicine but i dont think its working.Do you ladies know anything else thats good to get rid of colds?My poor daughter is still sick everyone in this house is sick.I just wanna get better so i can take care of my daughter.Its sooo hard just  to get out of bed.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
swizzlefiz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Hot tea/water with lemon and honey helps with my cough and chest hurting.

bstormsfl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I have heard that the liquid Zicam is suppost to work really good. I brought some and tried it but couldnt drink it. I can NOT take liquid medicines except the lemon theraflu. GL and hope you feel better. How long have you all been sick? Maybe its time to get to the dr and see if you need antibiotics?

iluvmylil1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM

My daughter is on anitbiotics,its almost gone but she still has a cough and runny nose.She has been sick a little over a week,me just a few days.My hubend on and off about a week.He feels a little better but im getting the wrose of it.Im trying so hard to make sure my daughter dont get worse from me but its hard cause im a stay at home mom

Quoting bstormsfl:

I have heard that the liquid Zicam is suppost to work really good. I brought some and tried it but couldnt drink it. I can NOT take liquid medicines except the lemon theraflu. GL and hope you feel better. How long have you all been sick? Maybe its time to get to the dr and see if you need antibiotics?

bstormsfl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Dont worry, I really dont think she will get any worse from you. She had it before you did. Really I wouldnt worry too much. I know its hard. I have heard the liquid Zicam works wonders, you put it in whatever you want to drink and its tasteless. I just couldnt do it. (Mind over matter) Hope you feel better. I have been feeling crappy for about 4 days with sinus/cold symptoms, and my dr called me in some meds cuz over the counter just wasnt kicking it at all. I live in FL so the weather dont help me!!

iluvmylil1
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I live in florida as well.Thank god i really dont have issues with algeries tho.

I know this cold or flu is kicking my ass.Its hard to get up and take care of her but i try by best to do what i need to do.Im gonna try liquid zicam i will pick some up tomorrow

Quoting bstormsfl:

Dont worry, I really dont think she will get any worse from you. She had it before you did. Really I wouldnt worry too much. I know its hard. I have heard the liquid Zicam works wonders, you put it in whatever you want to drink and its tasteless. I just couldnt do it. (Mind over matter) Hope you feel better. I have been feeling crappy for about 4 days with sinus/cold symptoms, and my dr called me in some meds cuz over the counter just wasnt kicking it at all. I live in FL so the weather dont help me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)