• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to plan a very small party for a baptism and marriage to be held the same time

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son and his high school sweetheart have finally decided to get married the 3rd week of August.  They are also planning on baptizing their 3-1/2 month old baby boy at the same ceremony.  This has already been arranged with the priest at one of our local Catholic churches.  Our precious baby grandson also has a beautiful older sister who is almost 6 years old.

The big question is how to plan a very small celebration for both the marriage and the baptism??Has it ever been done?  And how do you address the invitations??  Would it be considered tasteless to celebrate both??  We plan on having the party at our house because of the financial hardship. 

Help!!!  I just don't know where to begin.   Any suggestions or ideas would certainly be welcome!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shannonmarie77
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I would just do it as a celebrating our new family party.   I would address it as:

Please join in celebration of a new family, on this day, ____ and ___ will be joined in marriage and will also joyfully be bringing their Son into the love and grace of God's family and their own.

Date: 

Wedding: (time)

Baptism: (time)

Small gathering to follow:  (put address).

momiofcristina
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I wouldnt invite anyone. Just parents and immediate family, and since its immediate family they dont really need invitations.

preview image

preview image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)