Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower ideas

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

im throwing one for a friend and need more ideas

So what are some awesome baby shower ideas, games, gifts..share here

at my baby shower they did a diaper raffle and every guest brought a pack of any size diapers...mainly size 1 and 2..for me lol cause my first daughter was 9pds 4 oz and they figured the 2nd would be big too so the new born wouldn't last...(and she was 9pds 12.3 at birth so they wouldn't have)....anyway the brought the diapers for a chance to win a prize..i had enough diapers to keep her diapered the first 3 months of her life..and that's alot of diapers

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM

guess how big mommy's belly is...(have every guest meausure how big they think the mom is using tolite paper...or if you have money they have this game at wal-mart for like 3 bucks..)

clothes pin game (every one gets a clothes pin or something similar..you cant say the word baby...if you the first person to grab your clothes pin keeps it..person with the most clothes pins by the end wins...this is fun but dangerous

onezie and socks decoarating contest....by a pack of plain white onezies and socks and some fabric markers and paint..have each person decorate one and the mom to be is the judge...this give the mom a few cute unique outfits...and is fun to do....

and just a side we had people bring books instead of cards for the baby...they cost just as much can still have a special message on the inside cover...and won't get shoved in a shoebox somewhere never to be seen again like cards...

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

gavin423
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

At my SIL's shower we played the dirty diaper game. You melt different types of candy in diapers (reeses, snickers, etc)  and then everyone takes turns sniffing (or tasting if they are daring) the candy and guessing what kind it is. Winner with most right got a prize!

Mel30248
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Pin the diaper on the baby.....the same thing as pin the tail on the donkey! You put a pic of a naked baby on the wall (cartoon baby) & get some paper diapers whoever gets the diaper closest to being on correctly wins.

Poopy Diaper game.... melt different candy bars into diapers then pass them around while everyone writes down on a piece of paper what they think it is. The people with the most correct wins a prize.

Tape a piece of paper under a couple of chairs. Whomever sits in those chairs (I would do this one after everyone is settled & found their spot) gets a prize.

For gifts well diapers, wipes, lotion, baby oil, childrens toothpaste, oragel, size 12 month clothing (my DD was in 12 month clothing at 6 months old!). Good Luck hope you girls have fun!

mackenziemomi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I know a good game. Take like 20+ hard boiled eggs and put numbers on them 1-20+. Have the guest pick an egg. that eye is their baby.

the baby has:

a name: a birthmark: a birth weight: sisters named: brothers named: etc. each parent has seven things to remember about their baby, and the one who remembers the most wing!! do you get it, they can't write it down. they have to remember.

Example

egg number 12

your baby's name is Tina Marie Goodstern : she weighed 7 lbs 2oz at birth and is now 12lbs and 8oz.: she has 3 sisters named erica. ashley, and rowan. she has a birthmark in the shape of texas on her left arm. etc

mrsmamaj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

My sister in law just had her baby shower and they planted flowers in little pots with the babies name on it and gave that to everyone as a favor. 

At my baby shower 5 years ago we took empty baby food jars and had them filled with candle wax with baby powder sent in the the colors I was doing his room in.

I love the dirty diaper game! it is soo funny!

Another good game is putting a bunch of baby items on a tray let everyone see it for a short period of time and them have them write everything down that they remember! And Bonus mommy gets all the items on the tray!

And I highly reccommend the diaper raffle, my neice is 4 months and my brother still hasnt had to buy diapers!

One last thing! Instead of a card tell people to buy a small cheap book and write their meassage on the inside of the cover! No wasted money!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)