Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOSH I NEED TO VENT!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

Background... I am a 20 year old married mother of an amazing, yet hyper 21 month old... I work full time as a 3 year old teacher!! I also own a photography business I run  by myself! I am trying to do my school work (Online college) but it is really hard. I get 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night and am tired all the time. The preschool I work at is owned by my mother and grandmother by the way.

So, when I get off, I go to my moms house. My husband works 2nd shift 40 miles away! (4PM to 3AM) So I go to my moms till about 8 or 9 PM... She always takes over Jace (my son) which is great! She loves to let him help her make dinner and clean up his highchair. She just takes him and changes his diapers. (Doesnt even tell me he is wet or poopy) Loves to give him baths. I love it because I get some-what of a break. And my mom has NEVER said anything about having a problem with it. She hates it when we leave and even carries him out to the car so she can see him a little longer. Plus she calls to tell him goodnight.

Today at work was SOOOOO stressful!! I get home and my little brother (who is 7) and I were messing around in the kitchen and I told him to eat a raw corndog since he was sooo starving. Well, for some reason he got mad and told me he didn't want me coming over anymore. (He gets that way when he skips his meds.) Anyway. It got to me but when I started out the door he yelled NO NO.

Well, my sister (16) comes downstairs. I am venting to my mom about a certain child in my class who we all can not stand and my sister tells me I need to quit gripeing because everybodies class is stressful. I told her she only works 9 to 3 in the one year old room. (That was my classroom full time before they moved me to the 3 year olds because no one could handle them!) And she went off saying I don't even take care of my son and I make our mother change him, feed him, and clean him up and blah blah blah.

So I am like so mad and just told her she is not a mom so she needed to shut up. So she pops off, "Well, you're a bad mom so you need to shut up." I left because I was SO mad! This is the second time she has called me a bad mom. The first time was because she yelled at Jace when I was sitting right there and I was about to get on to him and she beat me to it. (He hit my brother and he thought he was being funny. It did not require yelling. I just said, We don't hit. That hurts and he hugged my brother and said Sorry) But I told my sister, "I am right here. Please do not yell at him." So she goes off saying I am a bad mom because I don't disapline him and he is a mean kid and what not.

ANYWAY! My sister is a whiney baby by the way! She is 16, REFUSES to drive anyway, she watches DISNEY channel on the couch all day when she isn't at work, and she thinks she knows everything!!

AHHH! Thanks for listening!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM

don't let it bug you..she is only 16..you sound like a great hard working mom...

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

JLYNNE0181
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

for you to be that busy you sure have time to type

Jace1028
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Quoting JLYNNE0181:

I type 100 words per minute. I took computer classes in school. I am also an author who has wrote many manuscripts and published several. That's not the point though.

YoungMommy62206
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Quoting JLYNNE0181:

Your really rude ya know that...if you dont have advice then just say anything....this is an advice group....

AlicaGreer
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Your sister and my sister must share notes!!! LOL...My sister is always "telling" me how much better I could be...mind you I am 34 and she is 27!!! It sounds to me like your sister is jealous!! Your son gets the attention from your mom that she wants!! Maybe one evening (if you have one available) you could ask your mom to keep an eye on your son and you take your sister out to dinner or something...or reccommend that your mom take just her out...she might just be trying to get some attention!! It sounds to me like you are a great mother!! Keep up the good work, and God Bless!!

goodclapping

Alica Greer

aagreer@sgcglobal.net

Work At Home United

Your Life, Your  Dreams, Your Business

www.workathomeunited/aagreer

NavyWifey122305
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Ignore the snotty litle 16 yr old ( as i do with my 14 yr old sil lol) really they have no clue and no right to say anything. And if your mom had a problem with helping you out she would say something and obviously she knows your working hard and need a breakand enjoys to help you. You sound like your doing a great job NEVER let what someone says about your parenting get to you. as long as your family and you are happy and healthy, you're a great mommy !

BrinaBaby
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM

It is difficult to be a mom at any age. Family can also be very supportive and very difficult. But we need our families. Remember your 16 year old sister will one day NOT be a teenager and will also most likely become a mom herself. When this happens she will regret the things she has said to you. Time heals all wounds.

Sounds like you have a very supportive and loving mother and you are blessed beyond belief in that respect. My mother was always so wonderful to me while I raised my 3 boys, often on my own and now that is battling Stage IV lung cancer and we are down to just a few months left together I cherish all those memories and every wonderful thing she ever taught me.

Life truly is precious......enjoy every day with your son, your mom and even your sister. Everyone is important in this life.

Have a blessed day......Brina

BrinaBabylesbians

mommywazoo
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:58 AM

you sound like a really loving mom who is doing what you think is best for your own kids future.  Keep it up mom.  Don't let your own siblings tell you any different.  I am the opposite side of siblings then you, I am the youngest and my older sisters don't seem to think I can rear my child myself even though I run a daycare out of my home. 

They interfere all the time.  Just know at the end of the day your children are clean, health, and throughly loved.  No one can deny those things, and aren't they what count the most? 

bean06162004
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Doesn't it feel good to vent?

My sister has been a royal b*tch to me all week and I'm getting really freakin frustrated with her...I know she's just trying to push me away because she's upset and lonely because her husband just left for the Army. I want to be there to support her but I'm not going to let her abuse me in the process. Grr...

bean06162004
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Wow, read the freakin name of the group "advice for moms" That doesn't sound like advice, so eff off. Thanks.

Quoting JLYNNE0181:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)