• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little miss know it all!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

what is some advice you wish people would just keep to themselves

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissabilliot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

when i say VENT...and they give me advice on what i did wrong

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

SouthALMommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

My family on breastfeeding. None were successful at it even when I was a child but all think they have the right to tell me how I should feed my son and when I should stop.

I am a stay at home, breast feeding, kisses and hugs giving, chubby baby loving, happily married, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, anti-CIO, vaxing, disposable diaper using, PCOS having, baby wearing, sale item buying, in college mommy who believes in and trusts THE TRINITY (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Seven07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Yea but there's another group for that..       :P

Quoting melissabilliot:

when i say VENT...and they give me advice on what i did wrong

I don't like people who bash good morals.

Loved4Sure
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I am a teachers asst. and I work in a highly staffed room because we work with autistic children.

We currently are hosting interns who are supper excited to start their careers in teaching, all of them young (24 and under) and feeling like they are ready to take on the world and can handle everything.

The intern in our class is lovely, she is going to be an amazing teacher. I just wish she would shut the hell up about what I eat for snacks.

I am 6 months pregnant. There are so many things that I can't eat for one reason or another, so I stick to the healthiest choices I can, for me. I eat a lot of fiber one bars, trail mix and occasionally jalapeno flavored anything.

If I have to hear this intern tell me one more time about eating fruit and more healthier snacks I might go all pregnant heifer on her and make her wish she had never stepped foot in our class room.

Everyday..."You shouldn't be eating that. Fruit is a better choice. You really should have a banana instead."

banging head into wall

Dear Lord:

why me?

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I hate that ....its your body

Quoting Loved4Sure:

I am a teachers asst. and I work in a highly staffed room because we work with autistic children.

We currently are hosting interns who are supper excited to start their careers in teaching, all of them young (24 and under) and feeling like they are ready to take on the world and can handle everything.

The intern in our class is lovely, she is going to be an amazing teacher. I just wish she would shut the hell up about what I eat for snacks.

I am 6 months pregnant. There are so many things that I can't eat for one reason or another, so I stick to the healthiest choices I can, for me. I eat a lot of fiber one bars, trail mix and occasionally jalapeno flavored anything.

If I have to hear this intern tell me one more time about eating fruit and more healthier snacks I might go all pregnant heifer on her and make her wish she had never stepped foot in our class room.

Everyday..."You shouldn't be eating that. Fruit is a better choice. You really should have a banana instead."

banging head into wall

Dear Lord:

why me?

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

seasnakesc
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

LIke what do I wish ppl would keep to themself?

Hmmmm. Inlaws should butt out of family problems

Old folks preach and say marriage before babies or ask why arent you married or say you live in sin.

Doctors these days are way toooooooooooo NOSEY.

I could keep goin!

sexeegyrl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I have 4 children..... 8 yr old stepson, 6 yr old daughter, 21 month old son, and 11 month old son. I want to smack everyone that says, "You know what causes that?!" I tell them in a very serious tone, "Yes, those damn condom companies just don't make them big enough!" but inside I want to smack them!

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

thomamomma76
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Quoting SouthALMommy:

My family on breastfeeding. None were successful at it even when I was a child but all think they have the right to tell me how I should feed my son and when I should stop.

This is what I was going to post. I breastfed all of our children up to about 2 years of age, and a few nursed well over 2. They weaned themselves. I'm still nursing our now 14 month old and EVERYONE has something to say about it, even family, like they haven't witness me nurse 4 other children before her!

Another thing is the comments about how many kids we have. We have 5 now and are expecting two more. We get comments like "Are you all starting a team?" or people will mumble "I hope they can afford all of those kids."

truely914
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I hate when someone gives me advice about cooking!!  I HATE COOKING!!!!! 

I'm 40 yrs old and if I don't want to cook,  Who Cares!!!   My husband knows how to cook and does a fine job, so what is the problem!!!!

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

rolling on floor

Quoting sexeegyrl:

I have 4 children..... 8 yr old stepson, 6 yr old daughter, 21 month old son, and 11 month old son. I want to smack everyone that says, "You know what causes that?!" I tell them in a very serious tone, "Yes, those damn condom companies just don't make them big enough!" but inside I want to smack them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)