Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sadness for another mom

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi ladies, jsut wanted to share... I went to the NICCU to visit with my baby, and while holding my son, another mom lost hers'. I felt so sad and all I thought about was the baby I  lost in Nov and  my new baby which I held in my arms at that moment. I was grateful, and felt bad that I did that it was not my baby. I left the NICCU in tears knowing that pain but also left feeling a sense of relief.  Thanks ladies, just wanted to vent.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loved4Sure
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I cannot imagine that.

very sad.

ZachNHannahsMom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I went through something like that when my son was in the NICU. I had gone in to see/hold him for the first time and just a few feet away a mother was crying over her baby's incubator. I didn't think anything of it, bc the NICU is a sad place for many babies. I was feeding my new baby for the first time and totally engrossed in him. I saw her walk out with her husband, sobbing hysterical. I looked over at his bed and the nurses were taking all his monitors off and taking him off the vent. I could see the baby in the bed and it just dawned on me, that baby had just died. I felt HORRIBLE sitting there oblivious holding and bonding with my newborn, while this mom just had hers slip away. And the poor woman had to walk past me and my baby on the way out! I started crying for her, for that baby, for my hormones and Dh had to go ask the nurses to move the privacy screen over so I couldn't see anymore. It was sad, as I am certain it was today for you. It hurts your heart knowing an innocent baby is gone and a mother is in extreme pain. But you can't let that get to you. It's not your fault and you shouldn't feel quilty about being with your new one. I'm sorry you had to go through this too.

03-school.pngsoccer-mommy-colorful.gif

jeweldog
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

My deepest and most sincere condolences for any mom who had to go through losing a child.  I can't imagine what they go through... but my heart goes out to them.

simple frownim sorry

ruby70
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:59 PM

my prayers go out to them.  How sad.  

Quindamomof6
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

My heart goes out to the family that lost there baby. I had 3 that had to stay in the NICU.  I can say that even though mines were in there for Jaundice, I thought about the many other babies who were sicker than mines. My heart aches for mothers who have to suffer the loss of their babies.

May GOD be with that family, and the many others who have lost babies and kids. So sad.im sorry

tinakenny
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM
That is so sad. I had a baby that had to stay in the nicu. There was a day when all his monitors went off because his heart stopped along with his breathing. Scared me to death. I was shaking so bad I couldn't hold him. I hate that any mother has to go through that kind of pain. I hope your baby gets to go home soon.
hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Quoting Loved4Sure:

I cannot imagine that.

very sad.

SheHoldsTheKey
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Very sad. When my daughter was in the NICU I was in there holding her while she slept and the nurse told me I had to leave. I guess she saw the dissappointment in my face because she told me I could stay, but that I would have to stay very quiet and then put up a little divider thing around us. Then the NICU exploded into activity. They brought in a very young preemie, she was just 27 weeks or so, and were preparing her for transport to a higher level NICU. Later on when I was walking the halls I met her parents, and they were trying to think of a name for her, and at that point the little girl was still alive.

But my daughter was 6 weeks early and 7 lbs 14ounces, so she looked like a full term baby, but still had some of the same problems as a typical preemie. But I always felt so bad going to the NICU to visit her because compared to some of the other children she looked so... healthy!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

dawnm259
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I'm so sorry that happen while you were there the same thing happend to me when my daughter was in the nicu and it was the sadest thing. It was 10 years ago and I still think about it and when it happen I was so sad for them I wanted to pick y daughter up and hold her but I couln't because she was doing a test to see how many times she would have apnea and I couldn't hole her just I just held her hand the whole time.

onefootcutiepie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I was the mom crying over an incubator twice in a month. My twins both died, but on different days. It was soooo hard to leave. Worst days of my life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)