• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?? about toddler baths and mommies hair

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

first my toddlers baths. my dd is 21 months old. her last 2 baths she has pooped in the tub. she's never done this before. not even peed. well both times she's stood up and peed then sat down and pooped (both in the tub full of water). we're in the process of potty training with little success. she will use it after she wakes up in the morning, but rarely any other time. is there anything i can try to help her not go to the bathroom in the tub?

ok, my hair. i used to lose hair before i was pregnant, but just the norm. lately i've been losing much much more. it was about the amount of a silver dollar and has progressed to golf ball size per shower and 2 brushes full when i brush it post shower. i can say that i did have a perm recently. it was a week and a half ago. i am losing a little more than before, but it was already alot. i'm only 22 so i don't think it would be age. no women in my family have hair loss issues. could i try to condition it more? brush it less? use special stuff?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilhippie354
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM

My friends daughter was being potty trained and every time she pooped on "The Big Girl Potty" they made it a very very big deal and gave her a hershey kiss at the end of the day. She did very good.

And with your hair, I would NOT brush it when its wet. Gently towel dry it, then blow dry it. Try using less product also.

Good luck with everything!!

CafeMom Tickers
ZachNHannahsMom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM

If she recently hasn't had a BM before bath time, sit her on the potty before getting in the bath.

As for your hair, have you thyroid levels checked. 

03-school.pngsoccer-mommy-colorful.gif

Acesmommy2007
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM

My son pooped in the tub once. We had a Drs appt that following day so I asked her about it and she said that it was probably due to the temp of the water.

I have always had a problem with 'shedding' as I like to call it, and it always seems to get worse around this time of year, even more so when I was pregnant with my son 2 summers ago. I have not found anything that has helped stop it yet. But I have heard if you comb it not brush it and rinse with cool water.

Acesmommy2007 Houston, Texas

sexeegyrl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I don't have any help on your actual topic but I wanted to tell you what I THOUGHT this was going to be about based off your title.

I thought it was going to be about taking baths with your toddler and them commenting on your "hair" and needing advice on how to deal with it. LOL!

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

2xthemonsters
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:13 AM

i never considered thyroids. that is actually an issue with the women in my family. both my mom and her mom (my grandma) have had serious thyroid issues.

Quoting ZachNHannahsMom:

If she recently hasn't had a BM before bath time, sit her on the potty before getting in the bath.

As for your hair, have you thyroid levels checked. 

and when i was typing the original post, my sister was visiting and said "why not set her on the potty before her bath". i knew it was a good idea and wanted to smack myself for not thinking of that. haha.

thanks for all the replies so far ladies!!

fcangel9
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:15 AM

get your thyroid levels checked.  That is the number one cause of hair loss in women besides pregnancy. 

2xthemonsters
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM

well, i meantioned the thyroid thing to my husband. he thought i was rediculous. he swears it's just the perm...

(prolly cause some moron neighbor of ours says that's why. ps she's never been to school for hair but she just blabs about what a great stylist she is. man she has dh fooled..)

fcangel9
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:55 PM

look up the symptoms of thyroid disease.  there is alot more to it than hair loss.  But its a good thing to have checked because if you do have it, you need to get on medicine for it. 

Quoting 2xthemonsters:

well, i meantioned the thyroid thing to my husband. he thought i was rediculous. he swears it's just the perm...

(prolly cause some moron neighbor of ours says that's why. ps she's never been to school for hair but she just blabs about what a great stylist she is. man she has dh fooled..)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)