Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poop goes in the potty

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a 3 year old and she is awesome at the peeing part and is in pull ups..we started in april 2009 ...i was lazy and also scared to try her with potty training and yes prob should have started sooner...but anyway we started and she caught on soo soo fast and by may she was telling me she had to potty and doing it all herself...well all but pooping..she very rarely poops in the potty and i dont know why..thinking maybe she was scared ....

i would watch for cues and when i thought she was pooping i would take her in and sit with her...candy and bribery didnt work so i never stuck with that...

so now she will occasionally go #2 in the potty but not of-ton enough to get big girl underwear...im just worried cause preschool starts sep 4th and they said pull ups are ok as long as she is in process of potty training..and class is only 2 1/2 hrs but if she poops i have to go and change her...understandable...

but any advice mama's

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM

ANYBODY any ideas

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Well, in my experiece she will only do it once at school.  The other kids will run from her screaming that she stinks and has poop and she will be too embarassed to do it again!

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

2murphyboys
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:33 PM

get her the big girl underwear and then explain to her that she has to poop in the potty because otherwise she will have to throw her new big girl undies in the garbage. you should only have to do it a couple of times. (if your brave enough when she turns her back you can fish them out to wash and hide so you won't have to buy a new pack everytime if it takes more than that)

sticker chart and after so many stickers she gets to do something special?

Jessica365
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I had the same trouble with #3 who is now 5. I tried talking and warning about the big boy pants and all but found one way that worked; it sounds very strange i know so feel free to laugh (alot). First get reading material for her ,every day morning or bath time which ever works best, put her on the potty let her pee than sit on the side of the tub and read to her; tell her that sometimes your tummy pipes need a few mintues to get ready. If at the end of the book no poop then just smile and say oh thier not ready yet maybe later ,let me know if u feel like thier ready OK. When ever she thinks shes ready try again. each time make it fun. If she does some poop than laugh and clap and do the potty song and dance. It Goes something like this "You feed the potty, You feed the potty,Yeah" while wiggling around. It took about a week and the accident went down and his confidence went up not to mention we laughed alot.

dancing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)