Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE-- Is this normal for 34 weeks?? **VERY WORRIED (kinda gross)**

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM
  • 36 Replies

Okay, so I have been having a snot-like substance come from well, you know where (gross, i know. sorry) and along with that, i have been sick and had very bad diarreah. I have been having very bad contractions and my husband wants me to call my doctor. Before I call and have to go to the hospital, however, I was wondering if anyone knew what this could possibly be.. Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I called my doctor last night and they were asking all kinds of questions which I expected. I was told to drink either water or milk and lay down to get contractions to go away. Well, that just made me fall asleep. I woke up this morning and am still hurting so I will be going to the doctor soon but not right this second. I'm gonna try to let my daughter have some time to change her mind and stop hurting me. My husband left me with the vehicle today so all is good in that department. Again, thanks for all the advice. The lady I spoke with last night said that it was probably part of my mucus plug and that I would more than likely end up having my daughter soon even though she isn't due until September.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Sounds like you're in labor, call your doctor immediately...

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Are your contractions constant & close together?

tiffanysgirls
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:57 PM
The snot like substance is most likely your mucus plug. Perfectly normal to loose it at 34 weeks! Yay, momma! Have you been timing your contractions?
ashley2004842

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Sounds like you're in labor, call your doctor immediately...

ChasityDawn

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

They aren't really close together but at the same time, they are pretty regular.

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

well, even grosser still lol, what color is it? is it clear? i had that issue while i was preggers earlier on though... i think it's only an issue if it stinks or has blood or is a color other than white or clear... i could be wrong should still call the DR just to make sure, as for the contractions, when i was preggers with ds2 i had them from 29 weeks on... unless they're consistant and/or painful (so much so ure doubling over) then it's probably just those braxton hicks...

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Have you tried laying down for a little while? If they get to be 5 mintues apart I would go in.

Quoting ChasityDawn:

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

They aren't really close together but at the same time, they are pretty regular.

WONDERWOMAN570

definitely sounds like labor to me.

blakie123

u probably lost ur  mucas plug  when ur contractions are more consistant and closer go to the hospital ...dont wait like i did i went when i was 10 cent lol good luck!!

ChasityDawn

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

The snot like substance is most likely your mucus plug. Perfectly normal to loose it at 34 weeks! Yay, momma! Have you been timing your contractions?

I haven't timed them all but the few that I did time while I sat in a tub of water hoping that my legs, back, and belly would quit hurtin were anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes apart. I sat in there for an hour or so though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)