Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

94.2 temp help

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

I havent logged on CM in forever. Cant find any help on google thought I would ask you ladies. My 6 yr is sick.. vomiting, diahrea, pain, had low fever this AM of 100.3. I did not give her any fever reducer, didnt think it needed it at that temp. Her temp is 94.2 now.. is that alright? dont know what to do.

by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyof2grls06
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I would either call her doc or head to the er. My doctor has always said bring them in if they have a temp under 97.2 or something like that and above 101.4.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage because marriage is between a man and a woman only, Pro- Life because babies are a gift from God and shouldn't be killed for any reason, Natural childbirth having because it's better for you and your baby than drugs, Soon to be homeschooling because I don't like the things they try to teach my children in pubilc schools, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing because my children aren't minimums, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO because leaving your child to cry in a room alone to go to sleep is horrible for their little brains, Co-sleeping because I don't want go have to get up in the middle of the night to a hungry child, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

nursheryl
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I wouldnt believe that that is accurate...because 95 degrees and below is a diagnosis of hypothermia(most commonly being doused in below freezing waters). Your child would be unresponsive and very near death. Get a new thermometer if you can. It would be an anomaly if this is accurate and if that is the case...an Er trip is the only sane information you can get.

I am a breast feeding, formula feeding, vaccinating, pro choice, circumcising, coke drinking, epidural getting, disposable diapering , Christian,   oh....and I don't let my husband spank me..., mother of 2 blond haired blue eyed turds!

all4ofmine
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I have a temperal themometer and and ear themometer. both said the same thing with in a  few decimal points. and on me were both alright. thanks for the advice though

Quoting nursheryl:

I wouldnt believe that that is accurate...because 95 degrees and below is a diagnosis of hypothermia(most commonly being doused in below freezing waters). Your child would be unresponsive and very near death. Get a new thermometer if you can. It would be an anomaly if this is accurate and if that is the case...an Er trip is the only sane information you can get.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM

How are you taking the temp. Under arm, you add 2 degrees. So 100.4 would have been 102.4 in reality. Some of mine seem not be accurate and I keep a rectal one just in case.

Lace2180
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM

bump

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Get her in a blanket to raise temp. She may just be sweating the fever out and her temp is low. ZYou can also strip her down and lay in the blanket with her. I would call your local or insurance nurse line while you lay with her. I always call them if I am unsure........our hospital has one.

Quoting all4ofmine:

I have a temperal themometer and and ear themometer. both said the same thing with in a  few decimal points. and on me were both alright. thanks for the advice though

Quoting nursheryl:

tkarstens
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I would take her in.... I found this on the internet...

It said anything lower than 97 is considered low... but that bodies can vary by a degree... so since it is less than 96 I would call the doctor and see what they say

An abnormally low body temperature (hypothermia) can be serious, even life-threatening. Low body temperature may occur from cold exposure, shock, alcohol or drug use, or certain metabolic disorders, such as diabetes or hypothyroidism. A low body temperature may also be present with an infection, particularly in newborns, older adults, or people who are frail. An overwhelming infection, such as sepsis, may also cause an abnormally low body temperature.

Is there any way that the child got into any medicine??? Or it could be a sign of a serious infection... eithe way best to be safe than sorry... Hope she feels better soon...

SAHM, mommy to a 4 year old princess, mommy to a beautiful baby angel Jensen 3/6/08-08/26/08 who was taken from us by SIDS, Pregnant with Madeline Grace due on Dec 5 2009!!! Married to my wondeful Navy man!!!!!

baby boytoddler girlexpecting babysids ribbon

Jensen               Kaylee                                        End SIDS now!!!

3/6/08-08/26/08      5/14/05

landonsmom009
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM

she'll be ok give her some water just a little bit every hour or so dont make her eat and let her drink whatever she will like pedalight, water things like that if she still not hloding it down only give her a tablespoon every 5min and if that don't work dont let her have anything for 1 hour if that don't work and it last longer and 5 days take her to the doctor or if she get a hight fever. just went through the same thing with my son and al the other 6 kids in the house from ages 5 - 18 months.

landon's mom

ColtsFan1912
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Under arm add ONE degree. not two :) sorry just wanted to correct that. :)

"if ever there is tomorrow when we're not together..there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” Winnie the Pooh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)