Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids that steal

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

I know I know me and the kids questions lol

So we have all been here one way or another.

This is about kids who are 2 to 6 years old.

When I was like 3 or 4 i took a piece of candy from the store and my mom caught me and made me put it back and apologize to the people and i never did it again.

Sooooooooo what would you do if you caught your child stealing. If you left the store and seen your kid with a toy or a candy and you know that you did not pay for it would you make him or her take it back and tell them sorry or would you let them keep it.

If you seen a kid stealing would you tell the parent?

Is someone came up to you and said they seen your kid put something in there pocket would you believe the person or not?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM

i would make them return and apologize for it.  If someone told me that they saw him stealing... than I would thank them and check.  I personally wouldn't say anything if it was small like a piece of candy, only if it were something over $5.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM

well im going to get bashed, and i dont care...it depends on the item, i HAVE taken things back(my DD is not quite 2.5, my other is 11 months) and sometimes i think, who cares

the kids dont KNOW it as stealing, half the time its my own fault..i give them something to hold their attention, and they drop it, or put it down and i have completely forgotton about it.

and to be honest, ive 'accidently' forgotton an item under my jacket, etc...again, bash away, i dont care

i dont want my kids to think its okai to steal...i try not to and if i find something(if its before ive left the parking lot) ill bring it back...but i must have a sick brain or something cause im ALWAYS thinking how easy it is to steal stuff, ill even play it out in my head what id do(but i 99% of the time DONT act on it)..maybe i should work for risk management or something

a lot of times, the item drops to the bottom of the stroller, and i dont always take everything out of it before i fold it up and put it away. i once found something and had NO clue where it came from, till DH reminded me of the store we went to 3 days ago

clhadley
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM

This did happen, actually.

My son, 4 y/o stole a ball from a thrift store.  He didn't show us until after we left and was actually reluctant to show us...probably b/c he knew he did something bad.

My husband turned the car around and took him inside...crying and all...and made him give it back to the clerk and say he was sorry that he took it.

It's wrong, no matter how old the child is.

jeweldog
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:35 AM

BASH BASH BASH.... LOL.  We've all had brain fart and the littlest ones don't understand stealing. 

Quoting comptonkids:

well im going to get bashed, and i dont care...it depends on the item, i HAVE taken things back(my DD is not quite 2.5, my other is 11 months) and sometimes i think, who cares

the kids dont KNOW it as stealing, half the time its my own fault..i give them something to hold their attention, and they drop it, or put it down and i have completely forgotton about it.

and to be honest, ive 'accidently' forgotton an item under my jacket, etc...again, bash away, i dont care

i dont want my kids to think its okai to steal...i try not to and if i find something(if its before ive left the parking lot) ill bring it back...but i must have a sick brain or something cause im ALWAYS thinking how easy it is to steal stuff, ill even play it out in my head what id do(but i 99% of the time DONT act on it)..maybe i should work for risk management or something

a lot of times, the item drops to the bottom of the stroller, and i dont always take everything out of it before i fold it up and put it away. i once found something and had NO clue where it came from, till DH reminded me of the store we went to 3 days ago

GIRmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Quoting shyone_91786:

I know I know me and the kids questions lol

So we have all been here one way or another.

This is about kids who are 2 to 6 years old.

When I was like 3 or 4 i took a piece of candy from the store and my mom caught me and made me put it back and apologize to the people and i never did it again.

Sooooooooo what would you do if you caught your child stealing. If you left the store and seen your kid with a toy or a candy and you know that you did not pay for it would you make him or her take it back and tell them sorry or would you let them keep it.I would make him give it back,... we do not steal,not even little things

If you seen a kid stealing would you tell the parent? yes politely of course

Is someone came up to you and said they seen your kid put something in there pocket would you believe the person or not? I would believe them and check why would a total stranger make up such a random allegation?

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM

I would not let my dd keep the item. Sometimes I find things in pockets or see her with them when we get home. I take it and tell her we have to take it back. Stealing is wrong and people can get police called on them for stealing. I do not always remember when we go back to the store. If it is at the store, then we take it back and she has to appologize.

I hate when you make them appoligise and the cashier is like "it's okay". I'm like strike some fear into my dd please.

I would say something to a mother and would want someone to tell me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)