Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for you ladies

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

For those of you who were ablet o get your membranes stripped or request a c section. How early compared to your due date did your Dr give you the ok ? and how early did you have it done ?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clhadley
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I didn't have a C-section, but the doc did strip my membrane. I was 7 days overdue...10 by the time the little guy was born...

BTW...you should try to keep the baby in 1 day past your due date...It's my bday!!!  Good luck!

Milimommy1027
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM

The doc decided to start stripping mine about a week before my due date.

momma2boys610
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM

my cnm wouldn't strip my membranes until after I turned 40 weeks.  she never brought up CS and I never thought to ask, i planned a natural birth......so I can't help you there! why would you request a cs are you having health issues?  i didn't know you could ask unless you were too ill to give birth vaginally.  i'm not coming against you, i'm seriously curious.  Just haven't heard of that before. 

erika_wright
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM

they stripped my membrane a 38 weeks. he actually did it before i even asked him. i didnt deliver till 40 weeks, and was induced. no c section. 

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:20 AM

my 1st was a c section and i cant get induced because it makes my VBAC plan higher risk. If I havent dialated  yet to get scrapped im just gonna go for another c section.  but this pregnancy is really killing me. i have stretch marks that are starting to bleed my belly button is now bruising all around it and my stomach is so hard i cant bend. she was estimated at 10 lbs at my 34 wk appt.

Im also awaiting knee surgery and even though I have only gained 17 lbs this pregnancy its causing my knee to swell bad and I have been having really bad hip problems this time to.

Quoting momma2boys610:

my cnm wouldn't strip my membranes until after I turned 40 weeks.  she never brought up CS and I never thought to ask, i planned a natural birth......so I can't help you there! why would you request a cs are you having health issues?  i didn't know you could ask unless you were too ill to give birth vaginally.  i'm not coming against you, i'm seriously curious.  Just haven't heard of that before.

momma2boys610
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:23 AM

gotcha, thanks for answering my questions.  I am so sorry about all of your discomfort and pain you are dealing with.  I wish you well.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

my 1st was a c section and i cant get induced because it makes my VBAC plan higher risk. If I havent dialated  yet to get scrapped im just gonna go for another c section.  but this pregnancy is really killing me. i have stretch marks that are starting to bleed my belly button is now bruising all around it and my stomach is so hard i cant bend. she was estimated at 10 lbs at my 34 wk appt.

Im also awaiting knee surgery and even though I have only gained 17 lbs this pregnancy its causing my knee to swell bad and I have been having really bad hip problems this time to.

Quoting momma2boys610:

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM

THank you

I would love to keep her in longer but i honestly cant do it. i was over due with my son but didnt have the problems im having this time with him.

Quoting momma2boys610:

gotcha, thanks for answering my questions.  I am so sorry about all of your discomfort and pain you are dealing with.  I wish you well.

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Quoting momma2boys610:

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:31 AM

i was 37 weeks 6 days when they broke my water for me to really start labor. I had already been contracting for weeks and was at 4cm but not really doing anything so it just helped hurry things along. I wouldnt do it before then. I delivered my son exactly at 38wks.

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

lundaylove
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:35 AM

wow momma you have it hard. im so sorry. But i had a vbac too and even though they broke my water and then gave me pitocin later to speed things up there was still a lower risk than with a repeat csection. at least thats what my ob told me. i had my son naturally- a successful vbac- even with the "induction" methods used. i would really talk with your ob about an induction. GL!

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Quoting momma2boys610:

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

NavyWifey122305
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:42 AM

ok thanks !! yea from what I have been getting told that if I had a c section they wont give pitocin so i wasnt gonna ask my dr about it. But now I will. I just want them to get this started i dont like seeing my 2 yr old upset because momma is upset and in pain......he's my little care taker lol

Quoting lundaylove:

wow momma you have it hard. im so sorry. But i had a vbac too and even though they broke my water and then gave me pitocin later to speed things up there was still a lower risk than with a repeat csection. at least thats what my ob told me. i had my son naturally- a successful vbac- even with the "induction" methods used. i would really talk with your ob about an induction. GL!

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

Quoting momma2boys610:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)